Poll: Who will win the USSA election?

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

Who will be elected US President in 2016?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:00 pm

Hillary Clinton
43%
Donald Trump
50%
someone else
4%
no one
2%

Total votes: 46

Britkid

Re: Poll: Who will win the USSA election?

Postby Britkid » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:59 pm

Republican house + senate + Trump President is the worst possible combination in terms of the urgently needed response to climate change. It's also shocking how small an issue this is as well. Hope they at least won't reverse Obama's already modest plan.

Other thing is every Republican when asked says that Obamacare needs to be thrown out. House + senate + President means we get to find out if they really mean it when it comes down to it or whether they just said that as a vote winner. I'm guessing they really mean it and will at least try.
In 2014/2015 I blogged about my life in Chile. http://web.archive.org/web/201601121940 ... age_id=268

AHusband

Postby AHusband » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:06 am

Hillary didn't campaign on climate change or the working class. And she barely campaigned on BLM. And those are the three main issues (at least on the left).

That is part of how I am starting to understand things.

(the middle one is what lost her the midwest and the election.)

JHyre

EPA & Energy Under Trump

Postby JHyre » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:30 am

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ransition/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomaslands ... ed6cd34df9

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... spartandhp

Outstanding. Science trumps the pseudo religion of the Gaia freaks.

As to the Paris Agreement: Obama's love of executive action (aka - ignoring the legislature) means that the agreement is not binding on the US. Good.

Pipeline, fracking & coal jobs plus lower energy prices, here we come.

John Hyre

cali_chile48

Postby cali_chile48 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:06 am

A few observations and comments as this thread winds down:

- There are 100 million people in the US who were eligible to vote and chose not to. Apathy and ignorance have a price for everyone, and this time it's going to have very negative ripple effects around the world.

- About 27% of eligible voters voted for Trump. Any talk of majority support is hogwash.

- The Trump/alt-right/ Tea Party coalition has applied grossly anti-democratic and mean-spirited tactics (gerrymandering, voter suppression, obstructionism, character assassination) to get to where they are now. The Trump regime will not be characterized by patience, kindness, tolerance or any sense of obligation to adhere to democratic norms and ideals (although they will claim to do so).

- Sometimes it is fun to watch the dysfunction in the US from afar. This is not one of those cases. This is the rise of an authoritarian ethno-nationalist regime with almost no moral guideposts. The end game for them is to be the dominant military, technological and industrial force on the planet, regardless of the human suffering and environmental damage they cause.

- The country I grew up was kinda cool. That country no longer exists. It is a great sadness to observe how the country has changed over my lifetime, and the worst is yet to come.

Britkid

Postby Britkid » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:23 am

I agree with all of that Cali Chile, although no candidate is ever going to get much more than 27% of the country to vote for them. I bet if you ran the numbers on other elections they would be similar.

As to John Hyre, you claim to have science on your side while citing general commentary articles on the situation, and providing no science. Odd comment. I think we both know that there is a scientific consensus that the earth is warming dangerously due to human activity.
In 2014/2015 I blogged about my life in Chile. http://web.archive.org/web/201601121940 ... age_id=268

HybridAmbassador

Postby HybridAmbassador » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:42 pm

Again at my Gym, a few were gathered in front of the tee vee room. Heard someone vociferating, I wanting to renounce my citizenship and go move to somewhere but this doomed country. But I have to pay exit tax! What the hell is exit tax ? It sounds as soon coming for all californian Califexit from federal states of Trump.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Billhere

Postby Billhere » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:18 pm

I can never quite understand how Hillary Clinton grossed more than four per cent of the vote over Donald Trump, and yet he still wins. Can somebody explain it.

Coming from somewhere where one vote is it, and the majority wins, I cannot understand this electoral college thing which can over ride a majority, or so it seems.

He said it is fixed, seems a bit skew whiff to me. Why bother with a vote, just go to the electoral college and let them decide. Are these actual people or is it some form of analysis decision ?

seawolf180

Postby seawolf180 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:54 pm

Billhere wrote:I can never quite understand how Hillary Clinton grossed more than four per cent of the vote over Donald Trump, and yet he still wins. Can somebody explain it.

Coming from somewhere where one vote is it, and the majority wins, I cannot understand this electoral college thing which can over ride a majority, or so it seems.

He said it is fixed, seems a bit skew whiff to me. Why bother with a vote, just go to the electoral college and let them decide. Are these actual people or is it some form of analysis decision ?

Its mostly about avoiding the consentration of powers. Like most of the American Constittution. As well as other things Google it. Read a few explanation. Its counter intuitive until you give it a fair evaluation on its merits. It grows on you.
Don't Tread On Me Either.
crtv.com
conservativereview.com
Question Authority!

seawolf180

Postby seawolf180 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:06 pm

cali_chile48 wrote:A few observations and comments as this thread winds down:

- There are 100 million people in the US who were eligible to vote and chose not to. Apathy and ignorance have a price for everyone, and this time it's going to have very negative ripple effects around the world.

- About 27% of eligible voters voted for Trump. Any talk of majority support is hogwash.

- The Trump/alt-right/ Tea Party coalition has applied grossly anti-democratic and mean-spirited tactics (gerrymandering, voter suppression, obstructionism, character assassination) to get to where they are now. The Trump regime will not be characterized by patience, kindness, tolerance or any sense of obligation to adhere to democratic norms and ideals (although they will claim to do so).

- Sometimes it is fun to watch the dysfunction in the US from afar. This is not one of those cases. This is the rise of an authoritarian ethno-nationalist regime with almost no moral guideposts. The end game for them is to be the dominant military, technological and industrial force on the planet, regardless of the human suffering and environmental damage they cause.

- The country I grew up was kinda cool. That country no longer exists. It is a great sadness to observe how the country has changed over my lifetime, and the worst is yet to come.

Cheer up. Their are different principles of governments. And fortunately things have been fairly cyclical for a couple centuries. Previously it was all pure authoritarianisms. Let Americanism have its ebbs and flows. Things may well turn for the better in the near future. The last 8 democrat years can certainly be improved on. Give it a chance. 4 years flies. This election was a heads up to the ruling elite. If the coming government abuses its power, they will be gone too.
A whole lot of common persons are feeling hopeful right now. Give their vision a chance.
Don't Tread On Me Either.
crtv.com
conservativereview.com
Question Authority!

frozen-north

Postby frozen-north » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:26 pm

Jonathan Pie

Before:
The US Election: An Idiots Guide. (3:19 min)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YQN6L3VnNY

After:
President Trump: How & Why... ( 6:12 min)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

thisisreallycomplicated

Re: Good night

Postby thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:50 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
thisisreallycomplicated wrote:BTW (if anyone cares), I switched my vote from 'someone else' to Trump, and it got added to Trump. But I could swear the 'someone else' # didn't change. So there's either a bug, or I imagined it.

Hack the vote! Are you a Ruskie? :P

My ancestors are Polish, as far back as I know. But Poland isn't that far from Russia, so maybe I do have some Russian in me? Either way, I do have a lot of respect for the Russians. And I'm relieved (assuming the electors vote the way they're expected to) that Hillary won't be starting a war with them.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:58 pm

The last time the Bulletin of Atomic Scientist had us at 3 minute till midnight was back in 1984. This changed back in 2015 and to this date thanks to the policies of the USG especially under Killary and the neocons. I understand there was a quite a sigh of relief in Ruskieland upon the election of Trump. For the US leftist sold on the neocon brainwashing, view some of the John Pilger material, also the Duran. Each is free to make their own decision on this stuff and I will not be arguing this issue.

But Trump was elected on domestic issues (by a largely white, former middle class, manufacturing. blue collar voters). The non-interventionist foreign policy stance is a side benefit, especially for us who live abroad.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Return to “Lobby”