Shipping times from USA?

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

ExpatBob

Shipping times from USA?

Postby ExpatBob » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:13 pm

I had a package of books and DVDs shipped to me from the US, via USPS. It was last seen on the 24th of June in Miami, just curious if it is languishing in the Correo Chile somewhere, if I should have seen it by now. Is there a predictable timeframe that one can expect to send packages here from the US, or is it an anyone's-guess situation?
I'm expecting either a slip telling me I owe taxes, or a package. So far I haven't seen either. Or is this a sort of psychic thing where I am supposed to know it's here and go to Aduanas to get it?
Nothing irreplaceable, which is why I sent it as a test. Total value of everything in there maybe US$100 max.

zer0nz

Re: Shipping times from USA?

Postby zer0nz » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Between 2 to 6 weeks (unpredicable), 8 when there are strikes, or lazyness times like Sep,Jan,Feb,

you will either get the package or and aviso.... you dont need to guess anything, just wait :)

ExpatBob

Postby ExpatBob » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:59 pm

Thanks!

Aysen

Postby Aysen » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:01 pm

Also depends on where you are in Chile. Here in Puerto Aysen we are happy if something arrives in 2 weeks. DHL and FedEx both take 10 days for 'overnight'. On the long side we've had letters take a year.

Return to “Lobby”