Chile Travel Advisories

Chile related Travel issues, where to go and not to go, what it cost, and anything else to get you there and back in ALL OF CHILE.
eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Chile Travel Advisories

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon May 04, 2009 1:17 am

asdfghjkl
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Vicki and Greg Lansen

Postby Vicki and Greg Lansen » Mon May 04, 2009 1:29 am

Excellent news! I was prepared to flash the RUT/RUN card and the document that shows I am in "tramite", but there wasn't a need. Nice for travelers and criss-crossers. Thanks for the official update. I didn't know if it was because I was known here, or not, and wasn't going to ask.

eeuunikkeiexpat

28 December - EZE - Buenos Aires International Airport

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:20 pm

For those flying into EZE in your tour or visa run within the Southern Cone, the Argentina Immigrations web site and the airline Timatic database have finally put a real date on the beginning of this reciprocity fee.

28 December.

Canadian, Australian and USA passport holders, please post your experiences and observations on this thread.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Laura55llc

Postby Laura55llc » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:54 pm

Lots of new rules are possible with travel from the Chile to the states so people should check before flying. I'm seeing a one carry-on rule(which now includes a purse or notebook computer or small pet carrier. And monitored bathroom use along with that last hour before landing-no blankets, pillows or personal items-just keep your hands where they can see them :mrgreen:
“To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” - Aldous Huxley

eeuunikkeiexpat

Re: 28 December - EZE - Buenos Aires International Airport

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:43 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:For those flying into EZE in your tour or visa run within the Southern Cone, the Argentina Immigrations web site and the airline Timatic database have finally put a real date on the beginning of this reciprocity fee.

28 December.

Canadian, Australian and USA passport holders, please post your experiences and observations on this thread.

First reports coming in. Process and payment similar to the SCL setup. You get a sticker that reportedly TAKES UP A WHOLE PAGE in your passport.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

eeuunikkeiexpat

Re: 28 December - EZE - Buenos Aires International Airport

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:33 pm

AUSTRALIA AND CANADA IS SINGLE ENTRY ONLY.

FOR US PASSPORTS, APPEARS THE PROOF IS ACTUALLY GOOD FOR 10 YEARS.

RESIDENCY IN ANOTHER MERCOSUR OR ASSOCIATE MEMBER COUNTRY DOES NOT EXEMPT YOU FROM THE FEE.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

oregon woodsmoke

Postby oregon woodsmoke » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:50 pm

USA government has just announced that persons buying one way plane tickets are going to come under increased scrutiny,

I know that several people on this forum have inquired about flying with one way tickets. Better be able to withstand a closer look if you plan to do so.

susiedillon

Re: Canadians and the Argentina Reciprocity Fee

Postby susiedillon » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:12 pm

The following extract is from the "TRAVEL REPORT Argentina" on the Canadian Foreign Affairs website ( http://www.voyage.gc.ca/countries_pays/ ... p?id=11000 ) Last updated 31 December 2009.

4. ENTRY/EXIT REQUIREMENTS

It is the sole prerogative of each country or region to determine who is allowed to enter. All countries or regions have special requirements for persons intending to reside for extended periods (usually more than 90 days) or who plan to work, study, or engage in non-tourist activities. To obtain information on specific entry requirements, contact the nearest diplomatic or consular office of the destination(s) to be visited. Violations of entry and exit requirements may result in serious penalties.

The following information on entry and exit requirements has been confirmed with the Argentinean authorities. However, these requirements are subject to change at any time. It is the traveller's responsibility to check with the Embassy of the Argentine Republic or its consulates for up-to-date information.

A valid Canadian passport is required for Canadians intending to visit Argentina. The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of your expected departure from the country. Passports are required as identification for internal flights.

Tourist Visa: Not required
Business Visa: Required
Student Visa: Required

Reciprocity fee
Canadian tourists have to pay a reciprocity fee of USD 70 (valid for one entry) on arrival at the Ezeiza International Airport in Buenos Aires. This fee will be payable in cash, by credit card or by traveller’s cheques prior to clearing immigration at the airport. Those entering Argentina on a Canadian passport with a valid visa will not have to pay the reciprocity fee. Dual nationals will also be exempt, even when entering on a Canadian passport. This fee will not apply at any other port of entry by air, land or sea.

If this is the case, then quick trips over the land borders should not incurr the fee, nor should flights from Chile to regional airports in Argentina such as Mendoza. Only EZE is going to be imposing the fee on travellers from certain designated countries.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Chile Recip Fee - CHECK YOUR RECEIPT BEFORE PROCEEDING OUT!

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:07 pm

I am reposting this from the TripAdvisor Chile forum:
imjmimjm wrote:“ Chile "Reciprocity Fee" overcharge. ”
Jan 13, 2010, 4:12 PM

I went through the Santiago airport on my way to Punta Arenas recently. There is a $131.00 fee charged at the airport. When I looked at my receipt later I realized they have charged my credit card $313.00. My credit card says they can do nothing, the Chilean embassy here in Los Angeles and an Alonzo Lopez there told me he would "call me back" but has not. Anyone know any where I might could get this straightened out?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g2 ... tiago.html

--eeuunikkeiexpat

regioncentralX

Nudie scanner comes to SCL - late February 2011

Postby regioncentralX » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:32 am

Since no one wants to post it, I'll make the scoop on the AllSshiile forum.

EMOL and MercoPress says it will be deployed at SCL late February 2011.

Will be operated by PDI for suspicious circumstances (obviously more about drugs than terror) and a refusal will need a judicial order to proceed.

MercoPress says it will also debut at EZE.

Both articles erroneously say it views inside the stomach when it does nothing of the sort and probably would not even have detected the so-called underwear bomber...I mean ball burner.

Also no word if it is the radio frequency supposedly benign millimeter wave device or the more dangerous microwave backscatter device.
¡ This is Sshiile Weon !

regioncentralX

LAN Volcano Cancellations

Postby regioncentralX » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Can be monitored here:

Ver detalle de vuelos domésticos de Chile afectados
http://www.lan.com/es_cl/sitio_personas ... 0h?=151118
Ver detalle de vuelos domésticos de Argentina afectados
http://www.lan.com/es_ar/sitio_personas ... -07h?=1511
Ver detalle de vuelos internacionales afectados
http://www.lan.com/es_cl/sitio_personas ... 1hrs?=1011

Note the many SCL-PMC flights that have been affected.
¡ This is Sshiile Weon !

gringalais

Postby gringalais » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:09 pm

Looks like there may be plans to extend the reciprocity fee to other airports. We recently flew to Santa Cruz in Bolivia and had to get off the plane to go through immigration in Iquique. There was a new-looking booth that had the reciprocity fee sign. It wasn't open at the time, since we were leaving the country, not entering. Therefore, it is hard to tell if it is operational yet or not. Hopefully someone else can confirm.

Return to “Travel in Chile”