HELP!! Best Option to Ship Cell Phone - Shipping to Chile

General topics related to Living in Chile
missesgreen

HELP!! Best Option to Ship Cell Phone - Shipping to Chile

Postby missesgreen » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:44 pm

Hello everyone - what a great forum! I have done my best to sift through different posts but I am still not sure what my best option is and hoping to get your feedback. I am a traveler, going through S. America for a few more months. I lost my iphone NYE in Argentina, and the phone's IOS software is really crucial for some apps, and a project that I am working on while traveling. Needless to say, I am hoping to get an economical replacement asap. I have friends with old phones they have offered to send to me. My Chilean adopted family has offered to have the phone mailed to their house in Santiago. I am thinking about rearranging some flights to be in Santiago in exactly one month.. but now I am not sure how to have it shipped? I am looking to have the most secure/reliable/economical option as possible. So... a couple of questions.
1. How should I have the iPhone sent to this home address?
2. How long will this likely take?
2. How does the costs for customs work? I will not be at the address where I am looking to have it sent to for one month but I really don't want my Chilean family to have to pay for anything.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
Erica Johnson

Return to “Living in Chile”