Moderator: Zvalenzuela

RUT

Postby ctroxell » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:17 pm

What is the best way to obtain a RUT and National ID (Carnet)? My wife and I bought a departamento in Concepcion, but we used the RUT of our son which has since expired. We are finding out we need a RUT to do many things. Thanks for any attention you could give to this matter. We love Chile, especially southern Chile and plan on retiring soon and living in Chile.
ctroxell

Ruts

Postby admin » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:04 pm

First, if you used the RUT of your son, then you do not own the property. You should have that sorted out by lawyer, if you really intended to put the property in your name.

RUT numbers are easy to get. There is a form at any IRS office you need to fill out. Nothing more than a tourist visa will do it. Try an IRS office that does not get a lot of traffic to avoid the line (really the hardest part). They issue it on the spot.

As for Chilean ID, you will need to get in to immigration and residency issues to obtain one of those.
admin
Site Admin

RUT

Postby ctroxell » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:07 am

Thanks for the information, very kind of you to provide this forum.
ctroxell

Deleted

Postby Zeek » Tue May 15, 2007 2:23 pm

Body Deleted
Last edited by Zeek on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeek

SII

Postby tombrad2 » Tue May 15, 2007 11:36 pm

To obtain the RUT number is very easy, just 10-15 mins tramitation at least here in Arica, the name of the office is Servicio de Impuestos Internos, and the only things you need is your passport and a chilean adresss where the definitive card will be sent by mail
tombrad2

rut

Postby admin » Wed May 16, 2007 10:33 pm

The address should be in the city where you are requesting it. So, for example if you are requesting a rut in Santiago, you need a local mailing address in Santiago. Your hotel will work.
admin
Site Admin

Deleted

Postby Zeek » Thu May 17, 2007 12:53 pm

Body Deleted
Last edited by Zeek on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeek

Postby SoCal-Lady » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:44 am

Should every 'tourist' staying in Chile for more than a couple of months have a RUT? What are some of the things for which such a tourist would need to have a RUT?
TIA.
SoCal-Lady

No, you don´t

Postby tombrad2 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:56 am

No, there is no obligation to obtain the RUT number, It is used only for few contracts like buy of a property or a car, it is not needed for most of the usual tramitation.
tombrad2

I am not sure

Postby tombrad2 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:32 pm

I am not sure if the RUT number remains the same for people coming from other countries.

I only know that they have a diferent (higher) serial number, for chileans It depend on the year of birth (all we 50some are 6xxxxxx-x or 5xxxxxx-x, yougsters has higher, my son´s RUT start with 17th millions). "Personas juridicas" (companies of any kind) have also a higher number (83 millions or such).

So you and your company can have two diferent RUT numbers, I guess that you may keep the same number no matter your resident status, but I am not sure on that
tombrad2

RUT, ROL, and property

Postby FrankPintor » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:13 pm

I've a question regarding RUT and property. Some time ago (10 years or so, while I was living in Germany), I bought a small property near Valdivia. It took a really long time to get all the paperwork done (at Bienes Raices), but eventually I started receiving property tax bills (extremely small ones) at my brother-in-law's address. Since then I've since moved to Chile, and now I'm wondering if I've already got a RUT? Where could I get information / who would I ask?

Thanks for any info. Frank
FrankPintor

Postby tombrad2 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:29 pm

Quite easy, just go https://zeus.sii.cl/cvc/stc/stc.html and enter your RUT nmbr at bottom of page, your tax situation will appear there
tombrad2

Next

Return to Legal Issues