What happened to my Entel prepaid balance?

Discuss the best and worst companies and customer services in Chile including tips, tricks, rants, endorsements, and which businesses to avoid at all cost. If we talk about them frequently enough, we might just get the attention of the company. Help other Expats and Gringos find the good companies in Chile, and avoid the bad ones.
todofixthis

What happened to my Entel prepaid balance?

Post by todofixthis » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:57 pm

A couple of days ago, I topped up my Entel prepaid account with 5 lucas (confirmed by dialing *301#).

The next morning, after making no calls, sending no texts and using no data, my balance was completely gone (again, confirmed by dialing *301#).

???

Has someone hijacked my account? Did Entel steal my money? I'm very confused right now.

My Spanish is so-so; I could probably make my way to an Entel customer service center and find out what happened, but I'm leaving for Paraguay in about a week, so this is more a point of curiosity for me.

I believe I am on the "Pablo" pre-paid "plan".

Has this ever happened to you before? Any ideas as to what might be going on?

HybridAmbassador

Re: What happened to my Entel prepaid balance?

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:20 pm

todofixthis wrote:A couple of days ago, I topped up my Entel prepaid account with 5 lucas (confirmed by dialing *301#).

The next morning, after making no calls, sending no texts and using no data, my balance was completely gone (again, confirmed by dialing *301#).

???

Has someone hijacked my account? Did Entel steal my money? I'm very confused right now.

My Spanish is so-so; I could probably make my way to an Entel customer service center and find out what happened, but I'm leaving for Paraguay in about a week, so this is more a point of curiosity for me.

todofixthis, I think that when you "topped off" your pre-paid account you did not go to your setting and general and
log off all your Data/Bluetooth,Internet etc. Therefore when you loaded your phone with pre-paid account,the "open" sources consumed all your available usage. I have read this info from a back-packer as to how and what not do when loading pre-paids..
My 2 cents worth..
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:53 pm

todofixthis wrote:A couple of days ago, I topped up my Entel prepaid account with 5 lucas (confirmed by dialing *301#).

???

If yours is just an ordinary phone like mine, yes it happened to me. Not the next day but very shortly after. I was unable to dial out. So I topped up again and the missing amount showed in the new total and was back. I have no idea why.

T_ROBO

Post by T_ROBO » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:08 pm

Any ideas as to what might be going on?
You can go to Entel website, login to your account (you need to have the RUT number that you used to establish your cell phone number and your cell number to set up the account, and they will send a text message to your cell phone about your temporary password). Once you get into your account, you can see the activities and the associated costs of these activities that led to the depletion of your balance.

TP