Pain Medication

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
Maker42

Re: Pain Medication

Post by Maker42 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:03 pm

admin wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:48 pm
Maker42 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:13 pm
I suggest switching to cannabis for pain management. In my experience, it's more effective than opium based pain killers, not harmful like opiates, and non-addictive. Probably vaping is better than smoking. Once the oils pass the smoke point temperature, carcinogenic compounds are formed. The only drawback is that you have to grow it yourself in Chile.
Which if you are caught in chile and are lucky, will just get you thrown out of the country.
I've read that personal use and possession has been decriminalized. Is this mistaken?

https://www.medicalmarijuanainc.com/chi ... uana-laws/

Maker42

Post by Maker42 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:12 pm

AnciaVagar wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:36 pm
Maker42 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:13 pm
I suggest switching to cannabis for pain management. In my experience, it's more effective than opium based pain killers, not harmful like opiates, and non-addictive. Probably vaping is better than smoking. Once the oils pass the smoke point temperature, carcinogenic compounds are formed. The only drawback is that you have to grow it yourself in Chile.
And no side-effects, right?
Like opiates, cannabis can cause some dizziness and lethargy. Fortunately the side effects stop there, whereas opiates have many more extremely harmful side effects. Studies have shown that growing brains (<22 females, <25 males) can be harmed by smoking cannabis. Other studies have shown that in mature brains, cannabis has a positive effect, enhancing neuroplasticity and memory. Of course if you smoke it, you get all the harmful side effects of smoke in the lungs.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu May 17, 2018 3:29 pm

From a visit to a grow shop, lots of gray areas so that I share admin's warning that this is an area an extranjero should leave to the citizens to mess with as legal guinea pigs. The correct way to go about it is to go through an organization in Chile (they have all the contact info) to get some sort of medical permission to "legally" grow your three plants. Any other way and you a risking your freedom or residency in Chile. The non-intoxicating oil is legally sold though and I understand that is where most of the medical benefits lie.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat