Pain Medication

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Pain Medication

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:26 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:28 pm
Gloria wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:45 am
Space Cat wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:46 am
Gloria wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:34 pm
Oh Kathy....you are just pulling our leg...aren´t ya!
FYI: in modern Internet slang your behavior is called "shitposting", i.e. "posting large amounts of content of aggressively, ironically, and trollishly poor quality to an online forum or social network, in some cases intended to derail discussions or otherwise make the site unusable to its regular visitors."
Space Cat, your rhetoric is as usual like the title of this topic....a royal pain in the ass! So please consult with your doctor. You may be constipated and in need of an enema.
Ha,ha,haa when Enema administred, then it will become un cagador!
Why Opiates Cause Constipation
https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/opia ... stipation/
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:53 pm

Don´t think is opiates, is just his nature! :lol:
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese. I sayeth as I seeth.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:45 pm

Trying so hard to offend, eh?

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:37 pm

Space Cat wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:45 pm
Trying so hard to offend, eh?
There's an ancient chinese proverb that says.." don't mess with a wasp's nest if you don't want to get stung". So in the future mind your own business.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese. I sayeth as I seeth.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:14 am

I don't know how to explain it without boasting but these are not stings because many people are not offended by name calling, especially online. I'm too thick-skinned after using Internet for almost 20 years. So you continue this rude behavior for nothing.

My emotions from your regular attacks on newbies or name calling can be qualified as slight fatigue mixed with slight aversion.
I respond just to make your trolling more costly to you.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:46 am

attention.jpg
attention.jpg (70.42 KiB) Viewed 424 times

Ramana66

Post by Ramana66 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:50 pm

wipeoutlol wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:00 pm
I can tell you right now you'll need a bit more pain medication for yourself for the headache of trying to deal with that.

Depends on what you define as "heavy duty," as well as what the diagnosis is.

Codeipar (30mg Codeine / 500mg Paracetamol) would generally be the medication prescribed.

Got 3 root canals and was told to just take some Advil even though one of them hurt so bad I couldn't sleep for 2 days.

I'd start by getting a list of doctors and go on a road-trip for some doctor shopping. They don't like filling out the special "receta cheque" for any stronger narcs.

Just let the doctor know the patient has been on that specific medication under a physicians care and that it has been working and would not like to change the medication since it has been the only one that has worked. And that pain and suffering is not an option to find an alternative. Most good doctors know not to mess around with changing medications if they don't have a file for you as withdrawals symptoms can be extremely harsh.

Good luck
Is it difficult to get Codeine prescribed by the Doctors in Chile. My wife uses it for her back pain (prescribed by the doctor in UK). Without this, she feels miserable (though she is trying to reduce the amount gradually - from 6 tablets a day to now 2 tablets a day of 30mg). We are moving in July and will bring enough to support few months (I guess more than this quantity could potentially create issues at customs even with a prescription, considering it is Codeine). Appreciate any guidance and recommendations.

Ramana66

Post by Ramana66 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:51 pm

wipeoutlol wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:00 pm
I can tell you right now you'll need a bit more pain medication for yourself for the headache of trying to deal with that.

Depends on what you define as "heavy duty," as well as what the diagnosis is.

Codeipar (30mg Codeine / 500mg Paracetamol) would generally be the medication prescribed.

Got 3 root canals and was told to just take some Advil even though one of them hurt so bad I couldn't sleep for 2 days.

I'd start by getting a list of doctors and go on a road-trip for some doctor shopping. They don't like filling out the special "receta cheque" for any stronger narcs.

Just let the doctor know the patient has been on that specific medication under a physicians care and that it has been working and would not like to change the medication since it has been the only one that has worked. And that pain and suffering is not an option to find an alternative. Most good doctors know not to mess around with changing medications if they don't have a file for you as withdrawals symptoms can be extremely harsh.

Good luck
Is it difficult to get Codeine prescribed by the Doctors in Chile. My wife uses it for her back pain (prescribed by the doctor in UK). Without this, she feels miserable (though she is trying to reduce the amount gradually - from 6 tablets a day to now 2 tablets a day of 30mg). We are moving in July and will bring enough to support few months (I guess more than this quantity could potentially create issues at customs even with a prescription, considering it is Codeine). Appreciate any guidance and recommendations.

Maker42

Post by Maker42 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:13 pm

I suggest switching to cannabis for pain management. In my experience, it's more effective than opium based pain killers, not harmful like opiates, and non-addictive. Probably vaping is better than smoking. Once the oils pass the smoke point temperature, carcinogenic compounds are formed. The only drawback is that you have to grow it yourself in Chile.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue May 15, 2018 8:48 pm

Maker42 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:13 pm
I suggest switching to cannabis for pain management. In my experience, it's more effective than opium based pain killers, not harmful like opiates, and non-addictive. Probably vaping is better than smoking. Once the oils pass the smoke point temperature, carcinogenic compounds are formed. The only drawback is that you have to grow it yourself in Chile.
Which if you are caught in chile and are lucky, will just get you thrown out of the country.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

AnciaVagar

Post by AnciaVagar » Wed May 16, 2018 2:36 pm

Maker42 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:13 pm
And no side-effects, right?

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed May 16, 2018 4:06 pm

I had in the past being prescribed the Codeine pain killer for my severe back pain ( herniated disk ) but now the Doc has changed that Codeine for Hydrocodone. 325 mg dose and taking 2~3 pills till bedtime. However, the hospital wants me to do the blood check to see if I'm getting too addicted to the urge to use of these pain killers!
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.