CV paper size?

General job offers and work related issues in Chile.
Bagudoko

CV paper size?

Post by Bagudoko » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:39 am

From what I understand, Chile uses both A4 and Letter size paper. Which size should I use for printing out copies of my CV?

zer0nz

Re: CV paper size?

Post by zer0nz » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:00 am

cata and legal is what is used here....

use cata

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:48 am

patagoniax wrote:
zer0nz wrote:cata and legal is what is used here....

use cata
He means "carta." He's a Kiwi and wears gumboots to work so you have to cut him some slack.

That usually means DIN A4 here, which is 210mm x 297mm.

And it's more important what is on the CV than the size of the paper. It's even more important to have a good pituto than all the CVs in Chile.
hahah, yes, i dont have a R in my alphabet, and i cant do a double R... funny thing is the chilena cant do a double R either, its rather funny!

Pituto is far more important than the size of paper of your CV....

ryanar

Post by ryanar » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:52 pm

The R's here in the north are quite round, that's for sure!

Bagudoko

Post by Bagudoko » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:53 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'll work on getting a good pituto, but unfortunately my printer can't print one. A bag of quality coffee to anyone who becomes my pituto. :)

rust

Post by rust » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:34 am

Bagudoko wrote:From what I understand, Chile uses both A4 and Letter size paper. Which size should I use for printing out copies of my CV?
Letter size 8-1/2 x 11" or 216 x 279mm
Legal (not foolscap) size 8-1/2 x 13" or 216 x 330mm NOTE: THIS IS NOT 8-1/2 X 14"

A4 is not common here at all.

You may have to define the Chilean legal size in your printer properties. "May have to" is more than likely "MUST".

Or, in a pinch, use the 8-1/2 x 14" size and leave a one-inch margin at the top or bottom (depends on your printer driver).

When I had my cybercafe I did literally THOUSANDS of CVs for nitwits who hadn't the slightest idea of what to do...
Estamos EN Chile! It's a way of life...

Bagudoko

Post by Bagudoko » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Alright, so now I'm confused. Zer0nz and patagoniax said they use "carta" size, which is the same as A4 (210 × 297mm), and that I should use that for my CV. But rust, you say that people use North American letter size (8-1/2 x 11") for some things, and that I should use Chilean legal size (8-1/2 x 13") for my CV?

If it's Chilean legal size, I don't think I'll be able to buy the paper here; but I'd at least like to get my CV formatted to fit it before I arrive in Chile. My word processor has a size called "long bond" which is 8-1/2 x 13".

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:21 pm

Print it already, I have never looked at the size of the paper a CV is on when it arrived and I don’t think it matters one iota. Our office uses 8.5 by 11 letter size for everything because I say so and my computers are all set to that size for printing out correspondence and spreadsheets, so everybody uses that size, it is widely available.

The Chilean legal system has its specific size and all that stuff is printed out of a lawyerly computer not my office.
It's all about the wine.