Status of Allchile forum members

Everything to do with the earthquake in Chile 2010 including contacting relatives, latest news from regions and cities, search for assistance, how to help Chile, and anything else related to the disaster and recovery.
Forum rules
The Chile Forum policy against new users linking is suspended for the Chile Earthquake Forum during this crisis. BE WARNED: SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS WILL STILL BE SLAPPED DOWN HARD!! Legit links to information and resources however is fully welcome.
Steph

Re: Status of Allchile forum members

Post by Steph » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:17 pm

Chippy, thanks for posting, sounds like great news... Anyway you could confirm? Can you possibly contact the newspaper/journalist and explain that we are searching and ask them to ask the family to log on or make some sort of contact and let us know for sure. Thanks so much.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:44 pm

In the news it's told that Family S moved to Chile about a month ago. They lived in Concepcion on 22th floor and they have two small kids. Now the house is in a risk of collapsing. After the quake they lived in hotel and in the beginnig of this week they were staying with the family of Jorge Enriguez Albornoz (the consulate of honor of Finland in Concepcion). Father of the Family S was in Santiago, when the newspaper (Helsingin Sanomat, http://www.hs.fi, the journalists are there in Chile atm, I guess in Concepcion or the area) interviewed him.

It is confirmed by the Finnish embassy in Santiago, that all Finnish people living in Chile are safe and no one is injured.

otravers

Post by otravers » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:17 am

Thanks Chippy, that really sounds like her. What are the odds the article is talking about someone else?

That leaves 3 people we haven't heard from in Concepcion.

cafecreme

Post by cafecreme » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:59 am

In the news it's told that Family S moved to Chile about a month ago. They lived in Concepcion on 22th floor and they have two small kids. Now the house is in a risk of collapsing. After the quake they lived in hotel and in the beginnig of this week they were staying with the family of Jorge Enriguez Albornoz (the consulate of honor of Finland in Concepcion). Father of the Family S was in Santiago, when the newspaper (Helsingin Sanomat, http://www.hs.fi, the journalists are there in Chile atm, I guess in Concepcion or the area) interviewed him.
It is confirmed by the Finnish embassy in Santiago, that all Finnish people living in Chile are safe and no one is injured.That's great news.

Magnyz

Post by Magnyz » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:26 am

...confirmed by the Finnish embassy...
Ok, but then what is the probability that the Finnish embassy may not have all the information about all Finish people in Chile?

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:20 pm

Welcome back P.

So did " 'IT' happen in Chile" or is this just warmup :?:
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

Gringo Pillo

Post by Gringo Pillo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:36 pm

Have been a bit busy and did not reply to the personal message that was sent.
Informed of my existence to embassy of Finland when finally had electricity and could connect.

Coincidence or not but I moved from Constitucion to Los Angeles (de Chile) at the end of last year. I visited Constitucion last Wednesday because a friends pregnant wife and their daughter were still there and also to bring things that people might need. They had just built a house close to the river. But of course most important thing is that they are safe and sound.

Was walking on the beach in front of Rompeolas and just couldn't believe the disaster. In Villa Copihue, higher up in Consti looked as if there ever had been a earthquake. The houses had suffered very little, if no damage at all.

Everybody take care....

Harri

Riyko

Post by Riyko » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:57 pm

I was looking at the 3 members listed at the top of the list and I don't know if it makes a big difference, but tasp07MN hasn't signed into the forum since Feb 2009.
"por la muestra se conoce el paño"

otravers

Post by otravers » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Riyko wrote:I was looking at the 3 members listed at the top of the list and I don't know if it makes a big difference, but tasp07MN hasn't signed into the forum since Feb 2009.
We're aware of that. It does make people way less likely to come back here.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:02 am

otravers wrote:Thanks Chippy, that really sounds like her. What are the odds the article is talking about someone else?

That leaves 3 people we haven't heard from in Concepcion.
There are around 200 Finnish people living in Chile and most of them live around Santiago. And in Concepcion there was this Chilean man I mentioned in my second message (kunniakonsuli) working for Finnish embassy looking for Finnish and also Scandinavian people. The embassy wasn't only looking for those people who are registered to be in Chile atm, but also people, whose family members and friends were calling to the phoneline our Ministry for Foreign Affairs opened after the earthquake. I guess the odds are low.
Magnyz wrote:
...confirmed by the Finnish embassy...
Ok, but then what is the probability that the Finnish embassy may not have all the information about all Finish people in Chile?
I also answered this question above. But it's Finnish with double "n" ;)

RWS

Post by RWS » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:35 pm

Just to confirm: I've not posted in awhile (time-consuming family and professional concerns) but am safe -- wasn't there and won't be coming down for some months yet. Better, I've at last been able to confirm that all close family and friends in Chile are fine, if shaken; and only a few suffered loss of or serious damage to houses, apartments, or other property.