Status of Allchile forum members

Everything to do with the earthquake in Chile 2010 including contacting relatives, latest news from regions and cities, search for assistance, how to help Chile, and anything else related to the disaster and recovery.
Forum rules
The Chile Forum policy against new users linking is suspended for the Chile Earthquake Forum during this crisis. BE WARNED: SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS WILL STILL BE SLAPPED DOWN HARD!! Legit links to information and resources however is fully welcome.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Status of Allchile forum members

Post by admin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:46 am

Concepcion is starting to get connections back sporadically. We are going to see about tracking down the top of the list. If anyone makes contact, please update so we can move on to the next people.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Putenio

Post by Putenio » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:01 am

Checking in. All ok here, and we're located south of Puerto Montt, North of Calbuco on the peninsula. several visiting gringos staying with us for the interim, rationing gas at $5000 CLP per person per trip/day, Calbuco stores ok, minor building damage in the area, local 1st-8th grade school supposed to start 3/8 instead of 3/3 because 1) gas rationing and 2) food supplies redirected to Concepcion. Friends in Santiago report the same. Friends in Concepcion checked in via Skype Monday evening right after the electricity came back on, slowly recovering. Community cooking pots, husbands taking turns on security watch, and glad the electricity is back on. Friends in Talcahuano indicate it is a mess. Electricity and internet spotty here (via Mobilstar 3.5G) but now reliable. Spoke with head of Vialidad Calbuco this morning and he indicated diesel is dedicated to emergency services first, law enforcement next, and finally the municipalities. They are getting a couple trucks together to haul potatoes to Concepcion. Two young travelers arrived last night, and the buses are still running Calbuco <> Puerto Montt.

jehturner

Post by jehturner » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:39 am

admin wrote:Please post that to the wiki, even after the current situation it will be super useful.
How does it work on 40+ gigs of email?
Will do when I get a chance. On large files, I would first redirect the output into another file (">templist") then search that. For searching many files and keeping the output separate, I would write a little BASH script with a for loop (can do that later if you want).
admin wrote:We have photos and a list of dead in dichato, and our member ( thankfully ) is not on it:
Glad you have found him now! When you said he's probably alive and helping at a shelter, that sounded about right from his postings I've seen.

James.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Thanks guys.

Has anyone tried to contact T_ROBO? He does seem to be unaccounted for?

Do we have any last know details about him?

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:38 pm

I am starting to fear we might be getting through the easy part of this operation. Reconstruction and getting aid in now that we have found so many people, and communications are starting to function in even some of the worst hit areas will be a long battle to fight on all fronts. We are still very much in the damage assessment phase of this.

gringalais

Post by gringalais » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:55 pm

Glad to hear Tom is okay, the pictures I have seen from Dichato were definitely reason for concern.

otravers

Post by otravers » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:16 pm

T_ROBO is currently in the US and posted several times since the quake.

JrH

Post by JrH » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:25 pm

Responding to the email I received, here in Talca the city downtown was pretty much destroyed. the most damage by far came from tsunamis hitting the coast.

Riyko

Post by Riyko » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:54 pm

otravers wrote:Thanks Riyko for your contribution. Have you sent PMs to these people, and if not, do you mind doing so? Spreading the workload will get us through the list faster.
I just sent pm's to all of them =) and I will let you know if I get replies from any of them.
"por la muestra se conoce el paño"

nutmeglemonhoney

Post by nutmeglemonhoney » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi all, I am fine. I happen to be in the US visiting family. Will return when it is possible I live in Horcòn and will be contacting some of you for help once I get to Santiago. Thanks, Kali

Steph

Post by Steph » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:59 pm

ok, from the group I sorted through,

the following have either logged on, replied or been active on the forum and are ok:

erezoso logged on today
riosbravo logged on today
Ernesto logged on yesterday
dmwbmw ok
go play outside ok
griffin ok
Hightower ok
itsk ok
JaX_Chile ok
Rc1981 ok
Zenth Ok

the following i have flagged as somewhat concerning:

tasp07MN one year ago said he was moving to concepcion for study "in the fall", i assume the US fall, meaning september last year?? PM sent

eahlay PM sent, no response, posted a year ago to say was moving to valpo, has not been heard from since

chile-expat status unknown, PM sent, relatively regular user, last logged on in January, believed to be in Vina/Valpo area

swpsox believed to live in santiago - last visit to forum in July. PM sent

All others on my list I will continue to update on as they respond, if they respond, but as best I can tell, the above 4 are the only ones likely to be in an affected area and not made contact.

Riyko

Post by Riyko » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:02 pm

Suzanne - last seen on Feb 20, 2010, from Santiago
Patagonia Sur - Last seen on Feb 13, 2010, from Puerto Natales*
ak405 - last seen on Feb 21, 2010, from Antofagasta
Hughjb - last seen on Feb 27, 2010, from La Serena
Lunkey - last seen Jan 21, 2010, from Santiago

*means i'm not sure if they we're affected by the earthquake

I got to page 21 so start on page 22 http://www.allchile.net/chileforum/memb ... start=1050

I also sent everyone on the list pm's =D
"por la muestra se conoce el paño"