Chile Online & Virtual Stores-Experiences as Seller or Buyer

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
thisisreallycomplicated

Re: Chile Online & Virtual Stores-Experiences as Seller or B

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:11 pm

I just bought something on MercadoLibre to see how it works. And the woman emailed me back, and said I need to deposit my 6000 pesos into her account at BCI. Does anyone here know what my options are for doing that? I have a debit card from BoA. I'm hoping there's a way that doesn't require standing in a really long line. Thanks.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:18 pm

You will have to stand in a potentially long line at the bank. Do not lose the receipt and it is best if you immediately scan and send via email your proof of payment.

Always ask questions and get answers to your satisfaction before hitting the "Comprar" button as technically you have promised to buy when doing it.

You have the right to renege but the vendor is potentially left to eat the commission to ML and may rate you with a negative. Two negatives from two different vendors in a set time period gets your account disabled.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:50 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:You will have to stand in a potentially long line at the bank.
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. But maybe there's a way thru BCI's website? Or ServiPag?
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:57 pm

Do not visit the bank at the beginning, end and perhaps middle of the month (coincides with pay days). The first hours in the morning might actually have longer lines than the last half of the banksta customer shift.

Only way to do it online is with a Chilean Cuenta Vista activated for web transfers. Neither MercadoPago or DineroMail accept foreign issued Visa and Mastercards.

- Søren Kierkegaard

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:28 pm

lines at banks in places that you can only get to easy by car or are off the main bus routes are always shorter!

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:27 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:Do not visit the bank at the beginning, end and perhaps middle of the month (coincides with pay days).
Would you avoid just the first and last business day, and one day around the 15th? Or a 2-3 day range? I've noticed some days aren't too bad, and others are awful, but figured it was just random. But I go around the 4-5th to pay rent, so it probably has a lot to do with the first business day and payroll.
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:The first hours in the morning might actually have longer lines than the last half of the banksta customer shift.
The lines seem to move faster at the end of the day too, when they want to go home:)

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:29 am

zer0nz wrote:lines at banks in places that you can only get to easy by car or are off the main bus routes are always shorter!
Thanks, I'm going to look for one of those.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:31 pm

I bought an old hoover upright vacuum cleaner from a guy on mercadolibre, and he's going to send it to me by Pullmanbus. Do they deliver it to your house, or do you have to go pick it up? Thanks.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:01 pm

Suppose you have purchased an item on the Web and paid for it using your CC. The purchased item arrived but is not what you have been promissed or low quality or just being scammed etc.etc. You got ahold of the person whom you just purchased that item and notify Him/Her that you are returning it back. Then can you call your Credit Card company and report the missgiving and cancell the transaction there in Chile.? I know by facts that my CC issuers do honour my request but Am I liable or infringing in the Buy/Sell Law of Chile.?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:48 pm

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:I bought an old hoover upright vacuum cleaner from a guy on mercadolibre, and he's going to send it to me by Pullmanbus. Do they deliver it to your house, or do you have to go pick it up? Thanks.
The vendor should be able to tell you if it is going to domicilio or agencia when they give you the Orden de Flete #.

- Søren Kierkegaard