Prorroga Under Current COVID Situation

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

picalena

Prorroga Under Current COVID Situation

Post by picalena » Tue May 19, 2020 11:14 am

So we will need to apply for a prorroga of our PD very soon. Obviously, we don't want to travel to Chile at the moment. Any word on if these are being handled any differently right now? As in, do we put the COVID thing down as our reason not to come to Chile or the usual reasons we have used in the past? Any word on whether these are being processed slower or faster due to the situation? I know they have to purportedly send it off to Santiago, but they always seem to be actually signed off on by the person at the consulate here, so....

Thanks for any input.
A woodsman was once asked, “What would you do if you had just five minutes to chop down a tree?” He answered, “I would spend the first two and a half minutes sharpening my axe.” - Dubious source on the internet

admin
Site Admin

Re: Prorroga Under Current COVID Situation

Post by admin » Tue May 19, 2020 11:32 am

contact the consulate by email first, they are providing solutions remotely in most cases. obviously, every consulate has its own solution.

covid seems like a pretty good excuse.

really they should have made that all automatic.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.