Returning to Chile after 4 Months Away

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
cali_chile48

Returning to Chile after 4 Months Away

Post by cali_chile48 » Sun May 17, 2020 6:18 pm

Hello All...I trust you are staying safe and staying aware.

I am planning my return to Chile. I came back to the US to care for a dear friend who was very ill, before Rona got mad. My duties here are largely completed, and I am expecting to return to Chile around June 10.

I have a couple of questions about travelling and shipping, so if anyone out there has experience or knowledge that they could share, I'd appreciate it:

1) I will be bringing back more stuff than I was expecting and I 'm not sure about how to ship it. I am talking about two plastic crates that are just barely over the guidelines on LATAM and Copa Airlines, ei, length +width+ height cannot by more than 62 inches. The dimensions on my crates are 63 3/4 inches. Is LATAM likely to be very picky about this?

2) Will I be allowed to fly in to Santiago from California and then fly immediately to Concepcion? I think the answer is "yes", but I am seeking confirmation.

Many thanks