Any push back?

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Re: Any push back?

Post by admin » Thu May 21, 2020 11:29 am

fascinating article on the history of pandemics and inequality:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05 ... uffer-most
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Thu May 21, 2020 11:47 am

RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:13 pm
Donnybrook wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:51 am
...the survivors (not in the medical sense) will be those who accept, adapt...
I am a difficult person in many different respects. Especially, when there are any restrictions on freedom... that one has to "accept and adapt". I think there are other people of this sort. Maybe not...

Anyway, do you believe one has to "accept and adapt" anything, irrespective of the exact type of restrictions being implemented?
Of course not, but in the present situation it makes more sense to adapt to the rules in place. If I get the virus I would like to be able to get professional health care. I imagine everyone would. So I am willing to exchange what I want to do for what I have to do in order to have a better chance at getting decent care. By adapting I mean thinking of new ways to adjust to what is happening. I have never bought anything online except an e-book before this. Now I have bought a freezer, a heater, a laptop, a weekly restaurant takeaway and all my groceries since mid-March. I support small businesses when possible and so many of them are also doing things they never did before. At home I have used the time to do all the things I have put off previously for lack of time. Now I have a lot of time and I choose to fill it in as productive a way as possible. Yes, I would love to go out to a restaurant for a meal, travel internationally to see my brother, have coffee with friends, have the operation I need which was postponed - but I can't right now. I think that if we all curtail certain freedoms we once had equally then we all benefit in the long run.

mem

Post by mem » Thu May 21, 2020 12:47 pm

RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:13 pm
Donnybrook wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:51 am
...the survivors (not in the medical sense) will be those who accept, adapt...
I am a difficult person in many different respects. Especially, when there are any restrictions on freedom... that one has to "accept and adapt". I think there are other people of this sort. Maybe not...

Anyway, do you believe one has to "accept and adapt" anything, irrespective of the exact type of restrictions being implemented?
I do not believe that we have to accept any type of restriction,

Extraodorinary claims require extraordinary evidence

Isolating at home for some people is like when a parent grounds a kid to their room where they have video games and TV and all the comforts of ones room. Whereas for the socially needy that require the supply of attention of others to feel okay...it is a nightmare.

I don't want this virus to go next level because if that happens we will all long for these current days of restriction so that we could choose differently and avoid a draconian escalation to forced moderna RNA vaccination or longterm segregation in covid colonies.

nikotromus

Post by nikotromus » Thu May 21, 2020 1:37 pm

mem wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:47 pm
I do not believe that we have to accept any type of restriction,

Extraodorinary claims require extraordinary evidence
I'm confused. What do you mean by this?
mem wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:47 pm
I don't want this virus to go next level because if that happens we will all long for these current days of restriction so that we could choose differently and avoid a draconian escalation to forced moderna RNA vaccination or longterm segregation in covid colonies.
I don't know man. It feels like some form of a forced vax is already built into the final solution just like the 'second wave'. I doubt it will be the military holding you down to administer it, but if your job requires it and travel requires it and the grocery store greeters require some sort of proof of vax it will be pretty hard to avoid it. Everyone has to make their own personal decisions on where their line in the sand is and stand firm in it.

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Thu May 21, 2020 1:49 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:55 pm

That is a bit beyond my field of expertise, but I'll certainly read more before following up. I'll post again tomorrow, I have a 1-hour interview to watch right now. :-)
I have found the following edition helpful at this time, helpful especially as I read it as a programmer (and this is truly fascinating -- its all about coding and programming): Molecular Biology of the Cell (textbook):

About:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecular ... (textbook)
( Authors: Bruce Alberts, Alexander Johnson, Julian Lewis, David Morgan, Martin Raff, Keith Roberts, Peter Walter )
"...Molecular Biology of the Cell is widely used in introductory courses at the university level, being considered as a reference in many libraries and laboratories around the world..."

4th edition - free online:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK21054/

See for example: Chapter 24. The Adaptive Immune System: Look for "Lymphocytes and the Cellular Basis of Adaptive Immunity"

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Thu May 21, 2020 1:59 pm

nikotromus wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:02 pm
...Perhaps on the day of our death we wake up from our 'dream/experience' realizing that it took maybe an hour out of the day in our real, original existence...
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/null bs=1M count=10000

Nothing but this. :alien:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 21, 2020 6:13 pm

RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:59 pm
nikotromus wrote:
...Perhaps on the day of our death we wake up from our 'dream/experience' realizing that it took maybe an hour out of the day in our real, original existence...

:lol:
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:03 pm

RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:51 pm

So we have some artificially formulated substance, delivered to the cell in an unnatural way (directly into the bloodstream). While food (our natural way of delivery) always passes through the digestive system only, in a specific order. Our bloodstream is naturally protected from any direct contact with foreign substance.
The Polio virus spreads through contaminated food or water. So much for natural protection.
Used to be quite common when I was a kid, but not any more. There's an oral vaccine now, but there wasn't originally.

Is it unnatural to get Malaria though a mosquito bite? Its the same "delivery mechanism" as a vaccine after all.....
mosquito-bite.jpg
https://reasoniamhere.com/2013/09/29/wh ... uito-bite/
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

nikotromus

Post by nikotromus » Thu May 21, 2020 7:54 pm

admin wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:13 pm
RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:59 pm
nikotromus wrote:

:lol:
Ya'll should check out West World season 3. Lots of potential truth drops pertaining to our reality. NPC's and simulations and AI controlled civilization, oh my!

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Thu May 21, 2020 9:19 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:03 pm

Is it unnatural to get Malaria though a mosquito bite? Its the same "delivery mechanism" as a vaccine after all.....
Thanks for this question. I think this is "natural" from the point of view of how the "wild nature" works, but it is unnatural "delivery mechanism": it must go differently by the design of our body system.

By natural process I mean that there is neither "science" intervention (incl. any of the bio-engineered matters), nor enemy attack, and then the outcome depends solely on our protection abilities, when we are using normal and healthy, fully functioning, immune system.

I wanted to say that when there is an artificial ("engineered") intervention to this natural process, the outcome can be unpredictable and quite often undesirable.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Fri May 22, 2020 2:04 pm

RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:19 pm
fraggle092 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:03 pm

Thanks for this question. I think this is "natural" from the point of view of how the "wild nature" works, but it is unnatural "delivery mechanism": it must go differently by the design of our body system.
Unfortunately nature seems to be unnatural by your definition; it doesn't want to play by your rules!
For example: Septicaemia - bacterial infection of the blood. A small cut or an insect bite can cause it.

Perhaps septicaemia statistics may help to put the current Coronavirus hysteria into perspective:
In 2017, there were 48.9 million cases of sepsis and 11 million sepsis deaths worldwide -- that's one in five deaths that year.
https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/new ... an-thought

As a related aside, this article describes the factual basis for Graham Greene's novel, The Third Man - bootlegging fake Penicillin in postwar Vienna. Well, I though it was kinda interesting :)
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Fri May 22, 2020 3:46 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:04 pm
Unfortunately nature seems to be unnatural by your definition; it doesn't want to play by your rules!
Ok, I will report her misbehaviours to the developers team.