Notarizing Bank Statements

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

Sparkle_Pony

Notarizing Bank Statements

Post by Sparkle_Pony » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:28 pm

Hello everyone,

I am currently applying to Visa Temporaria de Rentista, me and my husband presented our bank statements from our online banking sites as proof of income. Migración called us saying we need to notarize them or they aren’t a valid document, but The Notary says they can’t notarize an online statement. Anyone out there got a letter of their bank with a digital signature or similar? Stating the amount on your account? I am a little bit lost with what to do, we went paperless years ago so all my banking info is online and I am now in Chile, with our banks abroad.
Hope everyone is staying at home and healthy.
Thanks!
🦄

admin
Site Admin

Re: Notarizing Bank Statements

Post by admin » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:37 pm

that is not what they require, and just because someone at the department of immigration said it does not mean it is correct. even if you manage to do that, it will more than likly be rejected later.

Your bank statements alone are not sufficient evidence. you need a primary source of income, that needs an apostle from the country of origin.

bank statements can be supporting evidence, and do not need to be notarized.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Sparkle_Pony

Post by Sparkle_Pony » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:48 pm

That’s what I thought based on research. But the lady that called assured that it needed to be notarized, legalized or something similar. We are applying to this visa showing proof or land purchase, vehicle purchase in the country, as well as our bank as statements with sufficient funds to live, but we don’t have the passive monthly income. We are hoping it works out as we know of others who did it this way successfully.
🦄

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:52 pm

Sparkle_Pony wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:48 pm
That’s what I thought based on research. But the lady that called assured that it needed to be notarized, legalized or something similar. We are applying to this visa showing proof or land purchase, vehicle purchase in the country, as well as our bank as statements with sufficient funds to live, but we don’t have the passive monthly income. We are hoping it works out as we know of others who did it this way successfully.
I never had to notarize my bank statements to get my temporary or permanent visa. There is no temporary visa in Chile for owning a piece of land or car, there lies your problem.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:57 pm

Sparkle_Pony wrote:
as we know of others who did it this way successfully.
Mind pointing out who gave you such advice?
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:06 pm

Sparkle_Pony wrote:
The person you had on the phone, probably does not know the diffrence. most of the grunt workers at the department of immigration hardly have a high school education, and know even less about their job.

watch out. You might win the battle by accident, only to loose the war.

we get people contacting us all the time that manged slip by and get temporary residency approved, then be suprised when permanent residency is denied and they have to start all over again with a 1 year, 2 year, even 3 year process.

Notarization, legalization, and apostle are all radically diffrent animals for diffrent documents conducted by different government offices and branches.

Without a source of periodic income, with the proper authentication, sooner or later someone is going to deny your application. Hopefully it is sooner, rather than later; because going back to square one is a long process.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Sparkle_Pony

Post by Sparkle_Pony » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:17 pm

GAminer wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:52 pm
Sparkle_Pony wrote:
I never had to notarize my bank statements to get my temporary or permanent visa. There is no temporary visa in Chile for owning a piece of land or car, there lies your problem.
Yes I understand that. I read somewhere that, even if you didn't have a passive income from a property being rented or similar, if you could show you have enough savings, Migracion could consider that as a way to economically support yourself and grant the rentista visa. I have been reading so much about this in different web sites that I am having trouble finding where I got it from.
🦄

Sparkle_Pony

Post by Sparkle_Pony » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:20 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:57 pm
Sparkle_Pony wrote:
as we know of others who did it this way successfully.
Mind pointing out who gave you such advice?
I read it somewhere, trying to find the post in the many webs I've been searching for info.
🦄

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:32 pm

Sparkle_Pony wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:17 pm
GAminer wrote:
Sparkle_Pony wrote:
Yes I understand that. I read somewhere that, even if you didn't have a passive income from a property being rented or similar, if you could show you have enough savings, Migracion could consider that as a way to economically support yourself and grant the rentista visa. I have been reading so much about this in different web sites that I am having trouble finding where I got it from.
I think you should read the requirements for the rentista visa on the extranjeria website. It clearly states that to apply for the visa you must provide documentation demonstrating PERIODIC income.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:55 pm

Sometimes original bank statements are more likely to be accepted than photocopies or printed versions from the internet. But this is nonsense, who uses mailed bank statements these days? The trick can be to print it on glossy paper and very good alignment to edge, at a professional place, and in colour, that it's impossible to tell the difference between that and a bank statement that arrives in the mail.

No idea if you really need a bank statement in this case but this can be the way forward when you do....

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:13 pm

There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:29 pm

Sparkle_Pony wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:17 pm
GAminer wrote:
Sparkle_Pony wrote:
absolutely false