Banco Estado in-person: can it be done at any branch?

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
tiagoabner

Banco Estado in-person: can it be done at any branch?

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:39 pm

Hi there, fellow forumites.

I had an issue with my Cuenta RUT today where I tried to do a deposit and I was told that it couldn't be processed and that I would need to seek an "ejecutivo de cuentas", which I assume means a bank employee. Did anyone ever have a similar experience? Can I go to any Banco Estado branch to seek support, or does it need to be done at the branch where I opened my account? I've tried their customer service line over 100 times today, but it seems to be down.

Thanks for your answers!
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

thisisreallycomplicated

Re: Banco Estado in-person: can it be done at any branch?

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:20 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:39 pm

I had an issue with my Cuenta RUT today where I tried to do a deposit and I was told that it couldn't be processed and that I would need to seek an "ejecutivo de cuentas", which I assume means a bank employee. Did anyone ever have a similar experience? Can I go to any Banco Estado branch to seek support, or does it need to be done at the branch where I opened my account? I've tried their customer service line over 100 times today, but it seems to be down.

Thanks for your answers!
Did they give you a reason? I had a problem once, because my balance was higher than I thought it was, and I tried to deposit too much at a serviestado branch. If I'm remembering correctly, they didn't just tell me I could make a smaller deposit. I had to ask. Did you get a refund from SII for january and february f29 payments, that you weren't expecting? I got one a few days ago, and I didn't even ask for it (or want it).
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:33 pm

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:20 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:39 pm

Thanks for your answers!
Did they give you a reason? I had a problem once, because my balance was higher than I thought it was, and I tried to deposit too much at a serviestado branch. If I'm remembering correctly, they didn't just tell me I could make a smaller deposit. I had to ask. Did you get a refund from SII for january and february f29 payments, that you weren't expecting? I got one a few days ago, and I didn't even ask for it (or want it).
No, they didn't give me any reason why I wasn't able to deposit. I haven't received any unexpected transfers that would bump me over the CuentaRUT limits, I checked.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:22 pm

I went to Banco Estado Manquehue, on the corner of Apoquindo and Manquehue. I was told that I wouldn't be able to deposit due to me going over 2 million pesos deposited within a 30 days period.

I was always under the impression that the only limit was the 3 million pesos in balance, but the "ejecutiva" told me otherwise. I was able to deposit 600,000 in the machine (which bought the amount I deposited within the last 30 days to 2 million), but then I was unable to deposit even a 10,000 bill. So it seems that she was correct regarding the cause of this issue: there's a $2 million limit for a given 30 days period and a $3 million limit for your balance.

Guess who's going to open an account at Scotiabank in the next few days?

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:25 pm

Why not just open a BE Cuenta de Ahorros?
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:01 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:25 pm
Why not just open a BE Cuenta de Ahorros?
Banco Estado's Cuenta Ahorro has a limit of UF30 per day for "giros"/transactions, which I assume covers both ATM withdrawals and transfers. That would be too low.

Source: https://www.bancoestado.cl/imagenes/_pe ... latino.asp

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:50 pm

I have the:

Ahorro Platino con Giro Incondicional: Tus giros no tienen restricción de monto. Permite hasta 6 giros posibles en cada periodo anual sin tener pérdida de intereses.

Serves the function of a place to store excess amounts over the Cuenta RUT limits.

- Søren Kierkegaard

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:08 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:50 pm
I have the:

Ahorro Platino con Giro Incondicional: Tus giros no tienen restricción de monto. Permite hasta 6 giros posibles en cada periodo anual sin tener pérdida de intereses.

Serves the function of a place to store excess amounts over the Cuenta RUT limits.
The thing is, the "unconditional" ones have no daily withdrawal limit, but they have similar daily limits on deposits (like 30UF). The "conditional" ones otherwise: they have no deposit limit but have daily limits on withdrawals. Means, you put $$ into an "unconditional" one gradually, daily, within the limit.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:38 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
I have the:

Thanks, I'll take a look at this.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:46 pm

RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:08 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
I have the:

The thing is, the "unconditional" ones have no daily withdrawal limit, but they have similar daily limits on deposits (like 30UF). The "conditional" ones otherwise: they have no deposit limit but have daily limits on withdrawals. Means, you put $$ into an "unconditional" one gradually, daily, within the limit.
Can't seem to find a deposit limit printed anywhere. Do you have a link or document?

- Søren Kierkegaard

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:17 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:46 pm
Can't seem to find a deposit limit printed anywhere. Do you have a link or document?
When trying to make a deposit for more than 30UF in cash, into my "Ahorro Platino con Giro Incondicional", was told so by a cashier. Not sure if the printed multi-page agreement they give you at the account opening time has this info. Cannot find anything on the website either, at the moment.

EDIT: it was years ago, at the local servistado (Valpo). Must be verified, as I never tried to make cash deposits for more than 30UF since then.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:03 pm

I opened an "Ahorro Premium" savings account directly from the Banco Estado app today. It was a pretty simple process and the contract listed a limit of 30UF per day for "giros", which I assume means "all transactions".

If I want to move more than 30 UF per day, I'll need to give them a 30 days notice, in which case I'll have 3 days after the 30-day notice period to do a transaction. Fortunately, I only need it to do have an option to go over cuenta RUT's dumb limits on the short term, so I'll hopefully have no issues with it.