apply for permanencia definitiva in covid-19 times... plz help AGAIN

General topics related to Living in Chile
proger

apply for permanencia definitiva in covid-19 times... plz help AGAIN

Post by proger » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:53 pm

Cant get a hold of migraciones again, more than an hour on their phone line :thumbdown:

I need to apply my permanencia definitiva at the end of june. but i have no idea if someone will even be there to process it.

basically just wanted to get a direct update from them if i should continue as planed, but I failed to contact them for long while now.

so if someone have any idea about it plz share...

bones

Re: apply for permanencia definitiva in covid-19 times... plz help AGAIN

Post by bones » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:49 pm

Is there a reason you can't start the process online? Did mine last year in June and have never needed to talk to anyone on the phone or in-person.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:00 pm

bones wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:49 pm
Is there a reason you can't start the process online? Did mine last year in June and have never needed to talk to anyone on the phone or in-person.
Certain nationalities need to apply in person. I'm not sure if that's the case for OP, but I have been researching for later this year and I found out that Brazilians can only apply in person. Maybe that's the case for OP's nationality.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

proger

Post by proger » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:30 pm

yes, im almost sure i can apply via their online platform. but still I need to worry my father to send me some papers from israel which holds only for 90 days... so i try to figure out more for him