Quarentines and fines

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
Donnybrook
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3279
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:34 am
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by Donnybrook » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:23 am

In Santiago. Used Rappi for one item and it came in a coupe of hours, Uber Eats brought a takeaway in an hour, Cornershop took nearly a week for a supermarket shop.

According to Biobio (usually reliable source) deliveries will be allowed. But I have not seen anything official.

Wonder when people will start renting out their dog so someone can get 20 minutes walk in every day. Should solve the stray dog problem.

User avatar
Space Cat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1594
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:20 pm
Location: Valdivia

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by Space Cat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:48 am

Donnybrook wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:29 pm
Tomorrow morning there is going to be panic buying in every supermarket and farmacia in the 7 comunas. Social distancing will go to hell. They were still dithering over whether delivery will be allowed. I have enough supplies for the two of us for a week. But not everyone has that luxury. Let's hope it does something other than panic everyone.
I restocked yesterday morning in Jumbo and at one point the amount of people inside became uncomfortable for keeping 1-2m between us all the time but they put a worker at the entrance to control the queue: one person entering the store for one person exiting it.

Huelshoff
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:52 pm
Location: Valdivia

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by Huelshoff » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:33 pm

FYI, we are in Las Condes. We received an UberEats delivery yesterday in about 20 minutes (it was a wine delivery--got to survive this somehow), and this morning my wife hit the Jumbo down the street at 8am (I'm down recovering from knee surgery) and while it was busy it wasn't overcrowded.

willienelson
Rank: Chile Forum Tourist
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:41 am

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by willienelson » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:12 pm

Hi All
A family member is moving into an apartment in Santiago communa at the weekend (I know, great timing). . I’m finding it hard to get details of the quarantine, if he’ll be able to move, he’ll need to buy a few things for the new place, etc.....does anyone know how strict the lockdown might be?

Huelshoff
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:52 pm
Location: Valdivia

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by Huelshoff » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:15 pm

I don’t know about moving into the restricted comunas, but it is my understanding that one has to acquire a permit (online) from the local government to move about, including trips to grocery stores, pharmacies, etc. No idea how long that might take or how it is to be administered.

User avatar
eeuunikkeiexpat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 8061
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:21 pm

From all appearances, the authorities will be hard ass on this. For the supermarket and farmacia outings, that person must get the proper permission online using their clave unica. For those who cannot use the Internet for whatever reason, this may be a problem.

Moving would be a definite no no. Going shopping for furniture and fake flowers for the table, absolutely a crazy idea sure to end up not so pretty.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

willienelson
Rank: Chile Forum Tourist
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:41 am

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by willienelson » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:45 pm

It’s a tough one, he has to be out of his present accommodation in the next few days and has nowhere else to go. Even the Airbnbs appear to all be in the quarantine zones

User avatar
tiagoabner
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 893
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:48 am

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by tiagoabner » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:11 pm

willienelson wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:45 pm
It’s a tough one, he has to be out of his present accommodation in the next few days and has nowhere else to go. Even the Airbnbs appear to all be in the quarantine zones
Go to Comisaria Virtual's website. One of the permits that they can issue is one to "Return to your residence". It's the one that is a decent fit to what you need. That person will be quarantined for 14 days after the move. You can also give them a call tomorrow to double-check if this permit suits your needs, but logic says it should be a good fit.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

Donnybrook
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3279
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:34 am
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by Donnybrook » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:33 pm

willienelson wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:12 pm
Hi All
A family member is moving into an apartment in Santiago communa at the weekend (I know, great timing). . I’m finding it hard to get details of the quarantine, if he’ll be able to move, he’ll need to buy a few things for the new place, etc.....does anyone know how strict the lockdown might be?
They have specifically said no moves during the next week. Also, for going out for supermarket, farmacia, walking the dog or temporary things you can do it with cedula and numero verificador and do not need a clave unica .That was news to the dozens of people lining up for a clave unica at registro civil. This was badly handled as they should have had all the answers ready before they implemented it. But they did a press conference today clearing up some doubts. However, what happens to an elderly person who has no access to internet and no one to sort it out for them….well, they will get back to you. Detail on biobio or 24horas.

thisisreallycomplicated
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2201
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:25 pm
Location: Coquimbo

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:40 pm

I'm getting a lot of stuff by email about the virus, that's only in an image (not text). So it can't be easily translated with something like google. I just hope it's not too important:)
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

User avatar
eeuunikkeiexpat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 8061
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:49 pm

Here is the tramite page and yes, no need for clave unica:

https://comisariavirtual.cl/etapas/ver/1376135/0

This may be going nationwide in the not too distant future, inertia and such...
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 21023
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by admin » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:53 pm

Donnybrook wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:33 pm
willienelson wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:12 pm
Hi All
A family member is moving into an apartment in Santiago communa at the weekend (I know, great timing). . I’m finding it hard to get details of the quarantine, if he’ll be able to move, he’ll need to buy a few things for the new place, etc.....does anyone know how strict the lockdown might be?
They have specifically said no moves during the next week. Also, for going out for supermarket, farmacia, walking the dog or temporary things you can do it with cedula and numero verificador and do not need a clave unica .That was news to the dozens of people lining up for a clave unica at registro civil. This was badly handled as they should have had all the answers ready before they implemented it. But they did a press conference today clearing up some doubts. However, what happens to an elderly person who has no access to internet and no one to sort it out for them….well, they will get back to you. Detail on biobio or 24horas.
I think this is there process of refining it for the whole country.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Post Reply