Quarentines and fines

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
41southchile

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by 41southchile » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:46 am

admin wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:19 pm
They are upping the penalties for breaking quarantine.

up to 50 million pesos (yea, that is about $60,000 u.s.) and jail time.
So they will gather in 13.1 million dollars in fines from last night then will they? Over 200 caught breaking curfew, so true figure is a lot higher probably. Another half ass threat. Just Throw them in jail for 7 days see if they try again, no one is going to pay fines.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:54 pm

Actually, the threat of a high fine (up to 50 millones) worked on the verneantes that arrived on the southern V Region coast this past weekend. Hours before the deadline, 98% of the autos that entered had already left mainly to RM.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:47 pm

They were showing video this morning of the pacos and military going around the coast near vina and concon, finding out who was suppose to be there.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:44 pm

Looks like wifey won't be able to visit me for a while.

- Søren Kierkegaard

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:21 pm

All comunities of santiago are in quarantine.

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... iago.shtml
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:28 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:21 pm
All comunities of santiago are in quarantine.

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... iago.shtml
No, 7 comunas and there will be health control points around Santiago.

This will be a test of the computer robutsness and savvy of the gov as supposedly permission slips to go to the supermarket or farmacia will be able to be done online with clave unica,

- Søren Kierkegaard

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:29 pm

Tomorrow morning there is going to be panic buying in every supermarket and farmacia in the 7 comunas. Social distancing will go to hell. They were still dithering over whether delivery will be allowed. I have enough supplies for the two of us for a week. But not everyone has that luxury. Let's hope it does something other than panic everyone.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:10 pm

Donnybrook wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:29 pm
Tomorrow morning there is going to be panic buying in every supermarket and farmacia in the 7 comunas. Social distancing will go to hell. They were still dithering over whether delivery will be allowed. I have enough supplies for the two of us for a week. But not everyone has that luxury. Let's hope it does something other than panic everyone.
It seems that there were lines today already, so tomorrow should be worse: https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... a-rm.shtml

The government has announced that you'll need a special permit that will be obtained online at Comisaria to go to the market or to the doctor during the quarantine.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:25 pm

Anybody know if the food delivery services such as rappi and pedidosya will be operating?

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:33 pm

GAminer wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:25 pm
Anybody know if the food delivery services such as rappi and pedidosya will be operating?
Last time I checked, this was still up in the air. I have used Rappi a few times during the last weeks: food delivery was usually taking a week, but market deliveries took up to a few days to be fulfilled.

I couldn't find any news about how it will go moving forward, though
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:44 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:33 pm
GAminer wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:25 pm
Last time I checked, this was still up in the air. I have used Rappi a few times during the last weeks: food delivery was usually taking a week, but market deliveries took up to a few days to be fulfilled.

I couldn't find any news about how it will go moving forward, though
Wondering how I am suppose to get food if I have to self quarantine for 14 days upon return to Chile. Damn.

jehturner

Post by jehturner » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:53 am

Pedidos Ya has been working in La Serena up until now.