coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
hlf2888

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by hlf2888 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:35 pm

admin wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:28 am
speaking of verifying things.

here is a terrifying potential discovery that needs verifying. researchers in spain have potentially detected covid in March 2019, in waist water samples.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmack/2 ... china/amp/

now, that is such an odd-ball bit of data, I really want to see the follpw-up on that; but, if verified, this sucker is far more stealth than anyone realized.
I still think the viral repiratory infection I contracted in Chile, in November 2019, which almost killed me over a period of 9 weeks was the coronavirus. But it didn't have a name and perhaps that helped me live. Knowing what we know about it now is enough to scare someone into dying.

scandinavian

Post by scandinavian » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:09 pm

frozen-north wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:31 am
scandinavian wrote:
The article I linked to a few days ago refers to a study by the Universidad de Chile.

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... nasa.shtml

As mentioned, then it does not say when the study was carried out.
Here is a link to the article, if anybody wants to read it.

Informe COVID ¿Estamos llegando a tiempo?

Miércoles 10 de Junio, 2020

Nuevo informe destacada el atraso en la entrega de los resultados y la diferencia entre el tiempo de espera de los afiliados a Fonasa e Isapres. Documento generado a partir del Monitoreo Nacional de Síntomas y Prácticas COVID-19 en Chile (MOVID-19)

http://www.saludpublica.uchile.cl/notic ... o-a-tiempo
Thanks Frozen North. I had a quick look through the report.
First of all, I doubt it is politically biased. It was by Catolica, Diego Portales, U Central, U de Chile and others. No left wing bias.
Second, it is based on stats, not on them actually contacting anybody personally. Seems like they looked at all results during this period.
Stats are April & May.
The time mentioned is actually from on-set of symptoms to diagnosis. It thus includes doctor visit, scheduling time for a test and then the timespan until patient has been informed.
During the period, time was brought down for Isapre while it increased for Fonasa.

I still think traceability is going to be very difficult based on the above. I think the minister also mentioned major difficulties with this in RM and Valpo.
Lastly, I think there is a huge difference in the waiting time in Frutillar and La Serena (probably Isapre?) compared with Fonasa in mid - low income areas in RM.

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:12 pm

Could anyone please confirm that the "comisariavirtual.cl" system is now programmed to issue two permits max. per week*** nationwide, or only in RM (means, in other regions it must still issue five weekly).

After requesting one of the "02"* type and one of the "05"** type during this week (Valpo) I am getting:

"Estimado(a) Usted no está autorizado para solicitar permisos."

*** "Limitan salidas a dos por semana" -- https://www.meganoticias.cl/dato-util/3 ... unico.html

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:33 pm

Rune, the decision to change from 5 to 2 applied to all areas under total quarantine.

As a check, I just tried as I used my second for the week on Friday (two for food foraging and this for walking "a" dog) and received:

Permiso Temporal

ATENCIÓN

Estimado(a) Usted no está autorizado para solicitar permisos.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:51 pm

scandinavian wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:09 pm
frozen-north wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:31 am
scandinavian wrote:
The article I linked to a few days ago refers to a study by the Universidad de Chile.

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... nasa.shtml

As mentioned, then it does not say when the study was carried out.
Here is a link to the article, if anybody wants to read it.

Informe COVID ¿Estamos llegando a tiempo?

Miércoles 10 de Junio, 2020

Nuevo informe destacada el atraso en la entrega de los resultados y la diferencia entre el tiempo de espera de los afiliados a Fonasa e Isapres. Documento generado a partir del Monitoreo Nacional de Síntomas y Prácticas COVID-19 en Chile (MOVID-19)

http://www.saludpublica.uchile.cl/notic ... o-a-tiempo
Thanks Frozen North. I had a quick look through the report.
First of all, I doubt it is politically biased. It was by Catolica, Diego Portales, U Central, U de Chile and others. No left wing bias.
Second, it is based on stats, not on them actually contacting anybody personally. Seems like they looked at all results during this period.
Stats are April & May.
The time mentioned is actually from on-set of symptoms to diagnosis. It thus includes doctor visit, scheduling time for a test and then the timespan until patient has been informed.
During the period, time was brought down for Isapre while it increased for Fonasa.

I still think traceability is going to be very difficult based on the above. I think the minister also mentioned major difficulties with this in RM and Valpo.
Lastly, I think there is a huge difference in the waiting time in Frutillar and La Serena (probably Isapre?) compared with Fonasa in mid - low income areas in RM.
There is no isapre in frutillar, and among all the friends and family from across the country not one with a single report of an MIA test after 48 hours. Almost all of them were completed through the public health service.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:06 pm

admin wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:09 pm
FYI, the number of tests completed by labs and not yet notified to the patient are being published each day, and have for a couple weeks now.

so, these stories people waiting weeks for notifications is pure bullshit.

I seen the story too of the asshole claiming he did not get results after 4 weeks. well, after a week or so, time to get off your ass and go get another test. what he was waiting for was his government unemployment payment, not a test.
My wife had the test done in one of the Integramedica health centers here in Puente Alto the last week of March. We went to check on their site almost daily using a her RUT and a code unique to her test to get her results. We finally got the results (a PDF file) after receiving a "not yet available" message every day for 12 days, so almost 2 weeks.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:50 am

Jamers41 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:06 pm
admin wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:09 pm
FYI, the number of tests completed by labs and not yet notified to the patient are being published each day, and have for a couple weeks now.

so, these stories people waiting weeks for notifications is pure bullshit.

I seen the story too of the asshole claiming he did not get results after 4 weeks. well, after a week or so, time to get off your ass and go get another test. what he was waiting for was his government unemployment payment, not a test.
My wife had the test done in one of the Integramedica health centers here in Puente Alto the last week of March. We went to check on their site almost daily using a her RUT and a code unique to her test to get her results. We finally got the results (a PDF file) after receiving a "not yet available" message every day for 12 days, so almost 2 weeks.
and when was that?

back in march/ april they went from under the 30 labs to over 100 now. the public government owned labs are pretty small in number. so if you are going to a private clinic or a public one, they are most likely going to private labs.

The biggest reported problems we have found so far, anywhere in the country:

not knowing where to get a test. really, it is still not clear unless you go to a hospital ER. which, if you don't have covid, that sounds like a great place to catch it.

doctors not willing to give a test at all for all kinds of reasons, even though the person obviously fit the profile.

I got one relative right now, had a test and it came back negative; even though she really fits all other common symptoms. they are waiting on a second test because she fits the clinical criteria way too well for it to be too many other things.

health department not willing to give a test to at least 5 days after exposure. which that one makes sense, to avoid false negatives.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:06 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:33 pm
Rune, the decision to change from 5 to 2 applied to all areas under total quarantine.

As a check, I just tried as I used my second for the week on Friday (two for food foraging and this for walking "a" dog) and received:

Permiso Temporal

ATENCIÓN

Estimado(a) Usted no está autorizado para solicitar permisos.
From the start page, one *may* select "extranjero" (not "con cedula"), then enter their passport number, and then get a permit and behave like a foreigner. If checked, demonstrate the passport.

Disclaimer: this is NOT an advice re. how to go outside for the 3rd and 4th time per week.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:16 pm

ohhh, the stupidity overflows.

so the LGTB community had permits to hold a concert / rally in plaza itialia for some time. they actually started building a stage.

now the frigen government is saying they do not have the authority to cancel or authorize the permits?

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... talia.html

The WTF factor of the entire subject is off the charts.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:27 pm

admin wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:16 pm
ohhh, the stupidity overflows.

so the LGTB community had permits to hold a concert / rally in plaza itialia for some time. they actually started building a stage.

now the frigen government is saying they do not have the authority to cancel or authorize the permits?

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... talia.html

The WTF factor of the entire subject is off the charts.
The Chilean government is trying REALLY hard to need this up. Its bureaucracy is so needlessly complex that they can't get simple stuff done sure to how things are set up.

As someone who thinks that teamwork and cooperation are the way to go, I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the government.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:28 pm

This is the point where this whole show goes off the rails.

This is where everything starts going downhill in a big way, and the government is about to loose even the appearance of control over the whole mess.

The quarantine is a joke, because they half-ass enforced it. There is no where near sufficient enforcement to stop the spread.

covid is now the number one killer in the country.

The hospitals are maxed out. when the health system maxes out, as everywhere else, the death rates go up.

The epidemic is now starting to make a real impact on the economy. not just kinda of hurting the economy, but long-term permanent damage.

People are also rappidly reaching "quarantine and virus fatigue"; which will translate in to less and less compliance with any restrictions.

Which will make the government try to tighten controls, but that will be too little too late, as the whole country has run out of patience with the restrictions. which becomes a vicious circle.

Do not underestimate what is coming down the pipe in this phase of the pandemic. It will not be good.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:14 pm

Government Report:

4,216 new cases, 271,982 total confirmed cases

34,263 active cases

418 tests pending notification in labs

162 new deaths, 5,509 total deaths (as reported to the civil register in the last 24 hour)

302 ventilators

18,370 tests conducted, 1,079,644 total tests completed