Solar panels in chile?

General topics related to Living in Chile
proger

Solar panels in chile?

Post by proger » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:16 pm

hi all, hope everything is running smooth wherever you are.

im looking for some info about solar panels in chile: where to buy? legal issues? do i need to pay iva for the energy? can i sell the energy ect ect...

Britkid

Re: Solar panels in chile?

Post by Britkid » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:23 pm

A friend of mine does solar panel installations (Metropolitan region). Do you want to be in touch with him? Someone on this forum bought solar panels in Chile a few years ago and wrote the details of the company used, I think in Santiago, on here. You can probably find it with a search.

You probably can sell the energy back to the electricity supplier in most cases - in theory there is a law that they must accept it - but try to confirm for your specific case with the electricity supplier before going ahead.

I looked into buying solar panels in some depth and came very close to doing it, but I never actually did, but I did do some research on it.

I might be able to answer some more questions later. If you can get a reply from someone who has actually done it, that would be better though.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:21 pm

For a large install, 6kw and up import what you need.....selling to the grid is problematic as most areas can’t accept the juice.

Even a 3kw system with Li batteries is cheaper to import the pieces, if importing don’t cheap out and bring in garbage....
It's all about the wine.

proger

Post by proger » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:33 pm

cool, thanks guys!