Don't be scared, be prepared.

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Re: Don't be scared, be prepared.

Post by admin » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:03 pm

after a series of bugs circulating in our circle this year, as soon as we all started hiding we started getting better. no planes. no kids in school. not interacting with anyone outside our campo, just the family.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:35 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:53 pm
Plus, all the vitamin C and other supplements and advice I passed on helped.
I used to get sick back in Michigan, every time the seasons were changing. But I discovered that about a tablespoon of cinnamon each day prevented it. So I'm doing that now, along with some old zinc supplements, and old multi-vitamins, I had laying around. If you try cinnamon, you need to be aware that some types of cinnamon have a significant amount of coumarin, which may be a problem if you do it a lot. I don't know how much coumarin is in Chilean cinnamon, but I think ceylon cinnamon has much less than cassia. I've also heard that tonic water (like what you'd mix with gin) _might_ help if you get sick, because it has quinine in it (but probably not very much). And supposedly some anti-malaria drugs with quinine have helped with c19. I picked up a few bottles as a last resort:)
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:40 pm

admin wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:03 pm
after a series of bugs circulating in our circle this year, as soon as we all started hiding we started getting better. no planes. no kids in school. not interacting with anyone outside our campo, just the family.
I'm trying to avoid buses, because I think that's where I pick up most bugs here. I"m hoping that'll start improving.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:46 pm

I've been walking instead of taking colectivos or micros just to avoid particular cantagion zones. But it is already out there, we will all be exposed to it in time no matter what precautions, keep your immune system strong, don't engage in microbial concentrating dangerous activities and live your life. This virus will just become another of the many we live with day in day out. I believe the opposite in that a year form now, objective analysis will say what the hell were we thinking as we dig out of a fully collapsed economy...
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:00 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:46 pm
I've been walking instead of taking colectivos or micros just to avoid particular cantagion zones. But it is already out there, we will all be exposed to it in time no matter what precautions, keep your immune system strong, don't engage in microbial concentrating dangerous activities and live your life. This virus will just become another of the many we live with day in day out. I believe the opposite in that a year form now, objective analysis will say what the hell were we thinking as we dig out of a fully collapsed economy...
Yeah, I agree. I think the virus is bad, but you should be ok if you do what you can to stay healthy. And the hype is more than 90% political.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:18 am

It is not sexy, or high tech, but sun. That big old ball in the sky is your best virus killer. Lots of sun, lots of airflow.

stay away from dark enclosed caves. worked 50,000 years ago, and last I checked it still works.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:22 am

seen an article a few days ago about cars and the virus. they said something interesting. almost every car manufacturer now has some sort of UV protection on their auto glass, even if it does not look like the windows are tinted. It is to protect the interior. so you have to treat vehicles like dark caves, even if they look sunny.

The other one I can not get a straight answer on is ozone machines. I bought one a few years ago to eliminate smells from a car.

unfortunately, every article I open about the effectiveness of ozone machines for killing viruses, is full of hysterical warnings about how ozone will kill people at levels that will kill viruses.

yes, thank you I know that. I also don't use a lit match to check how much gas is in a gas tank. obviously (or I guess not that obvious) people and ozone don't mix.

I have been trying to figure out at what ozone level, we get effective virus killing. say I put my ozone machine in my car for 30 mins or a room, and then let it sit for another 30 (where there are no people, with proper ventilation after), is it effective at killing viruses and to what degree?

seems like the environmental nazis seen the word "ozone", and have outlawed even the discussion or study of it.

KDnR

Post by KDnR » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:44 pm

admin wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:22 am

seems like the environmental nazis seen the word "ozone", and have outlawed even the discussion or study of it.
Interesting idea. If it was outlawed, means it is effective

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:56 pm

There are doctors who do ozone therapy in Chile.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:58 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:56 pm
There are doctors who do ozone therapy in Chile.
That is terrifying.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:59 pm

KDnR wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:44 pm
admin wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:22 am

Interesting idea. If it was outlawed, means it is effective
It is not illegal, but California rediculas warnings that everything will kill you.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:54 pm

well just realized we might be running in to another shortage.

Things to do.

Tonight we bought the new star wars movie on pay per view, and had the whole family over to watch it with popcorn, etc. we all went for a walk after. we have done something every night so far to keep the moral up.

so far we have done a pretty good job of keeping the family entertained, but I just realized that a few more weeks of this and that might be a serious issue. we have an 8 year old and a 15 year old.

I do not even want to imagine what it must like being locked in say 53 square meter apartment in Santiago with the whole family.

I am bitching, and we have a hectare between two big houses next to each other, and hundreds of hectares of open space around us.

Although, I am still half tempted to print a quarantine notice and staple it to my gate, and just leave it there forever. no one has bothered us.