notarizing a lease

General topics related to Living in Chile
thisisreallycomplicated

notarizing a lease

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:26 pm

Is it possible to notarize a lease for a house, without going to the notary in person?

I'm looking at a house, and the corredor said they have some kind of arrangement with the notary, where the people signing the lease don't have to be there in person. Is that normal? I've never been to a notary in Chile, so I don't know exactly how it works. Thanks.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

admin
Site Admin

Re: notarizing a lease

Post by admin » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:30 pm

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:26 pm
Is it possible to notarize a lease for a house, without going to the notary in person?

I'm looking at a house, and the corredor said they have some kind of arrangement with the notary, where the people signing the lease don't have to be there in person. Is that normal? I've never been to a notary in Chile, so I don't know exactly how it works. Thanks.
Don't walk away. RUN!!!!

That is pure trouble without YOUR attorney supervising; and there is no way to do it without you going to a notary sooner or later.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:34 pm

people, just assume everything real estate agents tell you in Chile are a lie. verify absolutely everything they tell you independently.

I can count on, perhaps, two hands the number of real estate agents in the entire country I have any respect for the way they do buisness; and half of them are dead now.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:34 pm

admin wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:30 pm
thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:26 pm

Don't walk away. RUN!!!!

That is pure trouble without YOUR attorney supervising; and there is no way to do it without you going to a notary sooner or later.
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Even if it's possible to do it that way, it seems better to just go there in person.
admin wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:34 pm
people, just assume everything real estate agents tell you in Chile are a lie. verify absolutely everything they tell you independently.

I can count on, perhaps, two hands the number of real estate agents in the entire country I have any respect for the way they do buisness; and half of them are dead now.
I've been lied to so many times here, that I just expect it now. So yeah, I verify everything. It gets exhausting after a while:)
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:53 pm

I have a good feeling this one will work out though. I like the corredor and the owner, and so far we all seem to be in agreement, so I'm going to be optimistic at least until monday:) I should know for sure in the next week or 2.