Temporaria and unused work offer

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

such_cuidadano

Temporaria and unused work offer

Post by such_cuidadano » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:39 pm

I applied for a visa temporaria 4 months ago with my diploma and a job offer. For certain reasons I didn't actually work with this contract and I am still not working.
I got a call from a PDI officer who questioned my situation, and I shared him that I don't work at the moment. Later he confirmed he ok'ed me from his side (whatever it means).

So my question is what are my possible outcomes if I won't have a job when my appointment or visa finally gets through?

El Presidente

Re: Temporaria and work

Post by El Presidente » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:43 am

I'm assuming you applied for the "Visa sujeta a contrato" instead of one of the other 15 types of temporary visas.

Browsing the details of this visa, as long as your contract is still valid, that is, your employer hasn´t terminated your employment and presented you with a finiquito, it seems that you should be ok.
Esta Visa caduca desde el momento en que se pone término a la relación contractual por cualquiera de las partes, luego de lo cual, el extranjero tiene 30 días para presentar una nueva solicitud de residencia, acompañando el finiquito, el cual debe estar legalizado y ratificado por ambas partes ante notario, y un nuevo contrato de trabajo. De no cumplir con lo anterior se comete infracción a la normativa legal vigente.
https://www.extranjeria.gob.cl/trabajar ... -contrato/
“We will not go quietly into the night. We will not vanish without a fight. We’re going to live on. We’re going to survive. Today we celebrate our INDEPENDENCE DAY.” - President Thomas J. Whitmore

such_cuidadano

Re: Temporaria and work

Post by such_cuidadano » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:20 pm

No, I applied for temporaria para profesionales.
I gave a job offer, I haven't had any actual contract or job.

such_cuidadano

Re: Temporaria and unused work offer

Post by such_cuidadano » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:29 am

Any experience anyone?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:40 pm

you should be fine.

Under a professional visa the work offer is just a bureaucratic artificial hoop thing to stop people from even applying. In fact, years ago you did not even need a job offer to apply.

Subject to work contract is different. You are tied to your job.

Anyone misunderstands that, tell them it was immigration that took so long, that you now have to look for a new job; but, don't bring it up unless you have to.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

such_cuidadano

Post by such_cuidadano » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:59 pm

Awesome, thank you.

My main reason is that the office of my employer was right next to the protests epicenter in Concepcion. Which started a week after I got my visa application and my work permit.