Does the two years of temporary visa count towards the citizenship time?

General topics related to Living in Chile
vamoschile

Does the two years of temporary visa count towards the citizenship time?

Post by vamoschile » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:19 pm

All,

Does the two temporary visa years count towards the 5 years of residency requirements for citizenship in Chile? If that is the case one would only have permanant residency for 3 years? Does the citizenship waiting time include the waiting time for visas. What I mean by this does the clock starts the day they give you your temporary visa and even though you might qualify for permanant residency after 2 years you might now actually get your permanant residency in hand for 3-4 years. At which time its almost time to apply for citizenship.

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: Does the two years of temporary visa count towards the citizenship time?

Post by admin » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:07 pm

the clock does start from the time your temp visa was granted, and you recieved your ID, as long as there was no interruptions. that is, two different temp visas.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Huelshoff

Re: Does the two years of temporary visa count towards the citizenship time?

Post by Huelshoff » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:09 pm

I received my visa in May in Houston. Arrived in Chile on 15 July and applied immediately for my ID. I received it in early September. This is my first temporary visa. Just to clarify, which is my start date? By which date (or a couple of months before) do I apply for my second temporary visa?