People living in O'higgins region

General topics related to Living in Chile
vamoschile

People living in O'higgins region

Post by vamoschile » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:11 pm

All,

I have been living around Rancagua for 8 months now. I have made a lot of Chilean friends but I am in need of some communication with other gringos. The only gringos I have seen and talked to in 8 months are the LDS missionaries knocking doors. Is there anyone living around Rancagua or in the O'higgins region that could tell me where the expats are hanging out in this area?

Thanks

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: People living in O'higgins region

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:56 pm

Perhaps Matanzas.

And congrats for living among the people. I live in a similar situation and I believe the only other developed world persons in the condo and surrounding area are Mormon missionaries.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:10 pm

yea, think the problem is that Rancagua is it is not the hottest expat attraction in chile, and the ones it does attract are kind of "isolationist". which nothing wrong with that. chile has a little bit of everything, for everyone.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

KDnR

Post by KDnR » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:16 pm

Hi, I’m in Santiago right now and would drive in about two hours back to Santa Cruz. Can stop by in your city and we could have a coffee or something. You can contact me by pm.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:40 pm

vamoschile wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:11 pm
All,

I have been living around Rancagua for 8 months now. I have made a lot of Chilean friends but I am in need of some communication with other gringos. The only gringos I have seen and talked to in 8 months are the LDS missionaries knocking doors. Is there anyone living around Rancagua or in the O'higgins region that could tell me where the expats are hanging out in this area?

Thanks
Hello there........I plan to move to Rancagua with my family in the relatively near future......we have a house "reserved" in my name in a new project and expect it to be ready at some point in 2020.......does that count? Currently we are still stuck in the "hood" in Puente Alto for now.

I don't normally hang out with other English natives much (I don't feel the need to pay out the wazoo to live in Providencia or some place where there are a few, I'd just go back to the US if it mattered that much to me), but I'd be happy to be a friend to one, especially in a town that's not Santiago.