entering Peru with Carnet only?

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

blade33ru

Re: entering Peru with Carnet only?

Post by blade33ru » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:08 pm

oh i called the Peruvian embassy and they said if you have permanent residence in Chile you can enter with your carnet only.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:31 pm

blade33ru wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:08 pm
oh i called the Peruvian embassy and they said if you have permanent residence in Chile you can enter with your carnet only.
But as stated before, have a passport as backup 'cause you never know when dealing with certain humanoids.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

vamoschile

Post by vamoschile » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:07 pm

I wanted to give a recent report. I flew from Santiago to Buenos Aires, when I was leaving Chile I gave both passport and my carnet. The immigration officer told me he doesn't need the passport and he only needs my carnet. I had no issues entering Argentina and Chile with just my Carnet. I didn't even present my passport at all after leaving Chile.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:41 pm

yea, my wife and I just did the grand tour of the entire Patagonia, sometimes crossing the boarder twice a day on just our Chilean ID.

All the boarder guards were confused by me having my citizenship. They don't see that much at those remote crossings.

I joked, "My wife fully imported me to Chile. I have my vaccinations, my veterinarian SAG certificate, and she paid the IVA".
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

FrankPintor

Post by FrankPintor » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:20 pm

vamoschile wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:07 pm
I wanted to give a recent report. I flew from Santiago to Buenos Aires, when I was leaving Chile I gave both passport and my carnet. The immigration officer told me he doesn't need the passport and he only needs my carnet. I had no issues entering Argentina and Chile with just my Carnet. I didn't even present my passport at all after leaving Chile.
Yes, there's an agreement between Argentina and Chile that permanent residents and citizens of either country can travel passport-free.
Caracas es Caracas. Lo demás es monte y culebra!