Visa en Trámite - Now what?

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
alextrombone

Visa en Trámite - Now what?

Post by alextrombone » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:15 pm

I recently applied for the Temporary Spousal Visa which is now being processed. While I wait for that I have a temporary work permit. I just wondered what I do now. Is it even possible to get a job as I do not have a RUT or RUN. If I do get a job, how would I “cotizar” without these numbers? I’ve read about being able to obtain a temporary RUT number, is that my best option?

I’d really appreciate some help on this. Thanks.

thisisreallycomplicated

Re: Visa en Trámite - Now what?

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:33 pm

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's hard to get a RUT. I think you just need to go to an SII office and ask for one. I think I got mine after I got my first temporary visa. Or maybe even before that, I don't remember for sure.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:54 pm

go to SII and ask for one with your work permission.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

alextrombone

Post by alextrombone » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:02 pm

I just just tried and they told me I couldn’t, oh well.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:28 pm

alextrombone wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:02 pm
I just just tried and they told me I couldn’t, oh well.
They don't always know what they're talking about. Did you try researching on SII.cl? I googled "RUT site:sii.cl" and found stuff like this:
http://www.sii.cl/contribuyentes/contri ... utario.htm

One time a girl at the SII office in Coquimbo told me I needed to go to Santiago, which made no sense. She was probably just making stuff up, because she didn't know the right answer.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

alextrombone

Post by alextrombone » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:21 pm

Yeah, I have a feeling she didn’t really know what I was asking.