Cheap Tickets on American

Chile related Travel issues, where to go and not to go, what it cost, and anything else to get you there and back in ALL OF CHILE.
Kel

Cheap Tickets on American

Post by Kel » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:26 pm

I stumbled across a real bargain on American Airlines. They have Mileage tickets for half price. I bought tickets from Santiago to Dallas and back to fly just before Christmas for 15000 miles each way.

Low-cost mileage seats usually aren't available near Christmas at all. At other times, when they are available they typically cost 30,000 miles each way.

I checked all the way to July and the same cheap mileage seats are available.

This is Probably is because everyone decided to go someplace safe like Cuba instead of Santiago for Christmas.
Taking aim from the grassy knoll...

Jamers41

Re: Cheap Tickets on American

Post by Jamers41 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:48 am

Kel wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:26 pm
I stumbled across a real bargain on American Airlines. They have Mileage tickets for half price. I bought tickets from Santiago to Dallas and back to fly just before Christmas for 15000 miles each way.

Low-cost mileage seats usually aren't available near Christmas at all. At other times, when they are available they typically cost 30,000 miles each way.

I checked all the way to July and the same cheap mileage seats are available.

This is Probably is because everyone decided to go someplace safe like Cuba instead of Santiago for Christmas.
Thanks for the tip!

vamoschile

Post by vamoschile » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:25 pm

I have been flying back and forth from Chile about every other month since May 2019 on American Airlines. I average about 650$ round trip to Chicago. I have noticed that round trip to Miami and Dallas are about the same price.

Lizmorcillo92

Post by Lizmorcillo92 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:13 am

I'm horrible at finding affordable airfare! Do you all go through an agency or service like kayak, google flights, etc?

vamoschile

Post by vamoschile » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:34 pm

I almost always start by searching on skyscanner. They seem to have the best deals and your search options are unlimited. I just booked a flight for next week round trip Santiago to Chicago for 640$.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:42 pm

vamoschile wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:34 pm
I almost always start by searching on skyscanner. They seem to have the best deals and your search options are unlimited. I just booked a flight for next week round trip Santiago to Chicago for 640$.
I use Kiwi's search engine, as I find its features to be slightly better than Skyscanner's. I only shop around different sites once I've found the date that has prices within what I'm willing to pay.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.