HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

passport

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

Post by passport » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:44 am

Best wishes and thanks that as bad as it may be, it could be a lot worse. Don't forget the other side of the equation; 'nuff said.

Jamers41

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

Post by Jamers41 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:06 am

Thank you! Same to you! Best wishes for all and their families!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:07 am

happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

we are doing Thanksgiving at a friend's house, with just close family and friends. we started off with 24 people coming, and for various reasons are now down to 14. mostly it is the middle of the week, and it is not a holiday here. but, i kind prefer a smaller gathering anyway.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:14 am

Happy Thanksgiving all. Looks like the States is having bad winter weather coast to coast I saw in a headline somewhere.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. - Darwin

lost gringo

Post by lost gringo » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:25 pm

Yes, a Happy Thanksgiving to all...... but, according to the anti everything people,

The latest joy killing decree to be issued from the environmental overlords is that Thanksgiving is canceled because your family meal is killing the planet.
“According to research done by Carnegie Mellon University, the carbon footprint of a 16-pound turkey creates a total of 34.2 pounds of CO2 — the same amount produced by turkey gravy, cranberry sauce, roasted Brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes, rolled biscuits and apple pie combined.”

https://summit.news/2019/11/08/thanksgi ... -canceled/
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
allegedly said by Mark Twain

mem

Post by mem » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:39 pm

How about the enviornmental overlords get cancelled. Let's add up their collective carbon footprint and pardon the turkeys only if they have a beak. Pun intended

helibel

Post by helibel » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:20 pm

I have spent the last dozen or so Thanksgivings here in southern Chile and have some funny stories trying to recreate Thanksgiving for visiting friends or family. The best was waiting for my whole Turkey to arrive by bus from a turkey farm in Reuben. He was a day late, at 1 pm on Thursday and arrived unplucked because no one here cooks whole turkeys and that is what they thought I wanted.
Anyway yesterday I walked into one of the small groceries in Futrono to find half a dozen frozen whole turkey wrapped just like they are in the US. Things change .

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:27 pm

lost gringo wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:25 pm
Yes, a Happy Thanksgiving to all...... but, according to the anti everything people,

The latest joy killing decree to be issued from the environmental overlords is that Thanksgiving is canceled because your family meal is killing the planet.
“According to research done by Carnegie Mellon University, the carbon footprint of a 16-pound turkey creates a total of 34.2 pounds of CO2 — the same amount produced by turkey gravy, cranberry sauce, roasted Brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes, rolled biscuits and apple pie combined.”

https://summit.news/2019/11/08/thanksgi ... -canceled/
That sounds very environmentally friendly. There are 10 SUVs in the yard right now, not counting our family that flew from new york and san fransisco to eat Turkey in southern Chile, plus 5 days of driving around the lake showing them the clouds (no volcano this week).

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:29 pm

helibel wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:20 pm
I have spent the last dozen or so Thanksgivings here in southern Chile and have some funny stories trying to recreate Thanksgiving for visiting friends or family. The best was waiting for my whole Turkey to arrive by bus from a turkey farm in Reuben. He was a day late, at 1 pm on Thursday and arrived unplucked because no one here cooks whole turkeys and that is what they thought I wanted.
Anyway yesterday I walked into one of the small groceries in Futrono to find half a dozen frozen whole turkey wrapped just like they are in the US. Things change .
Yea, to add to our environmentally unfriendly Thanksgiving, we had a butter ball guest Turkey from the U.S., bought at jumbo in Puerto Montt.

even our Turkey is a gringo. :lol:

murf

Post by murf » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:52 pm

Happy thanksgiving to all and will someone pass the Rennies please :mrgreen:
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"