ACTIVE CRISIS ZONES

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
ghibli

Re: ACTIVE CRISIS ZONES

Post by ghibli » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:29 am

Got it. Tyrany of the minority. Jimmy Hoffa would be proud.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:36 am

ghibli wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:02 am
I'll try again. The spoam word was a word which means a location which sells perscription medications.
we have had span attacks with thousands of illegal online
P harmaceutical advertising selling fake little blue pills. by blocking the word, the bots leave us alone; and really how many times do we legitimately need to even talk about it? like once every couple of years?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:20 pm

ghibli wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:29 am
Got it. Tyrany of the minority. Jimmy Hoffa would be proud.
Its a power struggle. While the government and most of the other parties play their political game divorced from reality, the PCCh is going about regime change in a "revolutionary" way. Even the eminences grises of the other opposition parties are finally starting to condemn the violence. Not before time, and not as if it makes any difference.
PPD, PS, PR, DC y PL rechazan vandalismo y blandura de Carabineros ante delincuentes que saquean.jpg
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:50 pm

Ha, how very nice... They now prohibit tear gas also (in addition to "...prohibiendo a Carabineros el uso de perdigones a todo evento en la región...").

"La Corte de Apelaciones de Valparaíso prohibió a Carabineros usar “sustancias químicas tóxicas” en marchas pacíficas de la ciudad"

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... icas.shtml

Let's see how things unfold here, from now on... like, "marchas pacíficas".

They (the carabineros) need to start some sort of martial art training now, or what?..

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:52 pm

I mean, they've prohibited it for peaceful protests only, right? So it should be fair game for violent ones.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:54 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:52 pm
I mean, they've prohibited it for peaceful protests only, right? So it should be fair game for violent ones.
But the "peaceful" and the "violent" parts are so interconnected here.

EDIT: another nice one, they say, on the Condell street alone 27 locales were looted or burned this last night ( "27 tiendas saqueadas y cuantiosos daños al comercio de calle Condell" https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... adas.shtml )

Yeah, Valpo is finished.

BTW, the Curauma forest fire is burning once again, soon to be in the news.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:06 pm

RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:54 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:52 pm
But the "peaceful" and the "violent" parts are so interconnected here.

EDIT: another nice one, they say, on the Condell street alone 27 locales were looted or burned this last night ( "27 tiendas saqueadas y cuantiosos daños al comercio de calle Condell" https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... adas.shtml )

Yeah, Valpo is finished.

BTW, the Curauma forest fire is burning once again, soon to be in the news.
I mean, it's prohibited, but who's going to enforce it? Also, having the carabineros have bodycams on them should help.

"You see him throwing molotov cocktails at us on this video, Mr. Judge. Would you call that peaceful?"

That is, though, assuming that one can rely on the Chilean court system.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

Naolin

Post by Naolin » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:03 pm

Ruta 68 has cut off all traffic going into Valparaiso. The fire that’s been burning jumped over the highway and is now burning on both sides. Rune has better information posted about this in the forest fire thread

ghibli

Post by ghibli » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:13 pm

to admin and fraggie092. thanks. to all. thanks for the updates.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:18 pm

Ya know, never seen so much ******* open cursing by posters even admin, just goes to show we are slightly stressed by what has gone down. So it is what it is and we deal with it the best we can.

Salud
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:35 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:18 pm
Ya know, never seen so much ******* open cursing by posters even admin, just goes to show we are slightly stressed by what has gone down. So it is what it is and we deal with it the best we can.

Salud
My wife sometimes goes to church. Nowadays she sees older people there openly weeping, something she has never seen before.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:25 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:18 pm

Salud
yea, don't get too use to it.

Here is my official position on swearing and telling lies. Like how I explain it to my nephew and niece (8 and 14 years old).

swearing in general is at times a useful tool for both stress relief and emphasize or to draw attention to an assertion. Likewise there is a time and place to lie. but, if you go around swearing and lying all the time, then they both loose their "good" effect when you really really need them the most. Mostly, people just start ignoring you.

For example, my nieghbors house is on fire.

I run in and yell "get out" it does not have the same effect as me running in and yelling "get the FUCK out"!!!!

Likewise, Nazi soldiers are at the door looking for the jews in my basement, probably a good time to practice lying. It is also most effective if you don't go around lying all the time.

In terms of stress relief. I cut myself badly say with a knife, a little swearing is in order to calm myself down and also draw attention to the fact I need assistance. It is not just a minor cut, but I am gushing blood.

Even my devout Christian mother would have let such instance slide, and would agree I was probably not going to hell for either use. :lol: Although, she did have a long list of other reasons she was certain I was going to go to hell. :lol: :shock:

so, I figure this is one of those "what the fuck" moments. :alien:

8_0

besides, like I have always said, if you are under 18 years old, and hanging out on this forum, you got way bigger problems than this forum can solve. you need to get out and get a life. :roll:
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.