Citizenship in Chile, APPLY NOW!!!

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

admin
Site Admin

Citizenship in Chile, APPLY NOW!!!

Post by admin » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:30 pm

This is probably pretty obvious to anyone that has been following the news, but just in case.

If you have completed all the requirements to qualify for citizenship in Chile (e.g. 5 years residency, etc), APPLY FOR YOUR CITIZENSHIP NOW!!!

The country seems very serious about writing a new constitution.

Right now, it is a 2 year or more process to obtain citizenship.

We can tell you what the constitution says now about your right to citizenship. We can not tell you what the constitution is going to say, or not say, about your right to citizenship in 2 years, 3 years, or 5 years, or 20 years.

The mechanism for obtaining citizenship in Chile, and the related procedures for doing that, might not be the highest priority as they write a new constitution.

Remember, the last constitution, it took around 30 years for them to correct it to allow for dual citizenship, and to allow people to that were not born a Chilean to apply for citizenship without renouncing their other citizenship.

Could it turn out to be easier under a new constitution?

Yes, but do you really want to bet on anything involving so much government bureaucracy ever getting easier?

Not likely.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

ghibli

Re: Citizenship in Chile, APPLY NOW!!!

Post by ghibli » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:09 am

Dear admin. First, thank you for maintaining this forum.

Second, regarding citizenship. I now have 5 years + residency so could apply for citizenship, but have been wary and daunted by the process, particularly the fingerprinting process. As a practical thing, getting the paperwork from chile to one's native country and back, with all the stamps,tags, etc. seems monsterous. Can you please provide an overview of the process, or perhaps a link to same? I recently renewed my
cedula wihtout complications and sort of thought of coasting for another five years, but that was before the protests began.

To other readers, if anyone has gone through the process, I would love to hear of your experiences.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Citizenship in Chile, APPLY NOW!!!

Post by admin » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:07 pm

If you need help send us an email.

I am actually not going to post anything related to the procedures, because they are different for each person's situation. It will just cause massive confusion.

The procedure sounds rather standardized when you read the department of immigration instructions, but those are too generic to really even start to capture all the variables involved.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.