falso aviso de infracción

General topics related to Living in Chile
hlf2888

falso aviso de infracción

Post by hlf2888 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:26 pm

I got a registered letter yesterday. It is a CITACION POR INFRACCION, art 114 de la Ley N. 18.290 del Transito

Lugar de infracción: Portico de Peaje PA-24, km 1850 de la ruta General Velasquez.
Fecha 28, marzo, 2019

It gives me only one option “Citese al la auiencia de 29 noviembre 2019 a las 09:30 hrs bajo apercibimiento de proceder en su rebeidia y dictar sentencia sin mas tramite. “

Does anyone know where km 1850 de la ruta General Velasquez is located? Google search says Santiago.

The truck never left a radius of 20 kms from my house. Santiago is 450 kilometers away. What can I do to make this go away? I have called the primer juzgado de policia local, Ecuador 4336, (address on letter, no other info) three times. They always ask me to hold and pass me to a line that never answers. I would really appreciate any advice on this because going on a five hour trip to Santiago for a false citacion would be a loss of two days of whatever short life I have left.

Britkid

Re: falso aviso de infracción

Post by Britkid » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:30 pm

I would start by somehow double checking what google says about 1850 de la ruta General Velasquez. Make sure it really is in Santiago. I certainly associate General Velasquez with Santiago though. It's where the Ruta 5 splits in 2 so that 2 branches of it can go through Santiago and there are signposts to it signed as General Velasquez within Santiago.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:20 pm

No expert, just a quick Google:
Go to your local muni and explain the situation at the counter where fines are paid.
You probably will have to pay regardless, at least it looks like you can do it locally.

That might be a lot less of a hassle than going to Santiago; even going there is no guarantee they will even listen.
Cómo pagar multas de Tag - Autofact.jpg
https://www.autofact.cl/blog/mi-auto/tr ... tas-de-tag

More questions/answers in the comments following the article.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:55 am

Thank you do much? fraggle and brit kid. Will check those leads. Pretty sure the address is in Stgo.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:06 am

I had this situation in early September. It was a foto radar and the fine was for driving with restriction (in June) in a part of the city where I never drive. You are supposed to get 2 notification. With the first one you can ask to speak to the judge but the 2nd one just gives you 5 days to pay.I never got the first one. Mine was for the Tercer Juzgado and involved a one hour trip to get there involving walking, bus and metro.

So I went along and queued up for about 30 minutes. I asked to see the actual photo. These are quite large and amazingly clear. The problem was that it wasn't my license number. Someone had entered it incorrectly. I had to go to an office there, Mesa de Partes or similar, and fill in a Reconsideración for the judge. I was asking the judge to reconsider the incorrectly applied fine - so a bit stupid but there you are. I attached a photocopy of the padrón for my car showing the license plate number. They were going to send me out to get the photocopy but then did it for me at the counter. I think even they thought they should offer some help. They told me that it might be better to return for the result after 18 as we all know the affect that date has on the whole month.

I went back the first Monday after the 18th. Unfortunately they open later on a Monday (check the times for where you need to go!) and had 2 hours to kill. Since it would be an hour home and an hour back again I just walked down to around the Moneda, found a nice restaurant and had a leisurely lunch. When I got back the queue was down the stairs and out the door. Everyone who got a ticket on 18 was there! A nice man told me to go and sit on a bench and he would guard my place. It took about an hour to get tot the counter. "My" file was now quite thick. I imagine a bit of to and fro between the juzgado and Ministry of Transport tossing the blame back and forth. I was shown the judge's ruling that the correct person would now be notified. I never got an apology but the lady did look a bit sheepish and subdued so I guess for bureaucrats that is the equivalent of an abject apology.

So:
Check where it is you are instructed to go to pay the fine and opening times.
Photocopy your car documents and license. You never know.
Take some water.
Good luck!

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:51 pm

Thanks Donnybrook.. The idea of going into rioting Santiago, 5 hours by bus, for a clerical error on their part seems very unfair to me. Will try my local municipalidad on Tuesday and let you know.

mem

Post by mem » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:02 pm

hlf2888 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:51 pm
Thanks Donnybrook.. The idea of going into rioting Santiago, 5 hours by bus, for a clerical error on their part seems very unfair to me. Will try my local municipalidad on Tuesday and let you know.
Sorry hlf2888, it is unfair and not only a huge inconvenience but dangerous at this time. It's a shame it can't be contested or dealt with online

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:15 pm

It might be more than a clerical error.

there are a lot of wankers doing things like selling fake stickers of license plates. just slap one over the plate for a day.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:40 am

That is what I feared because I don't even know how one would deal with it.