Let us write a constitution for Chile.

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Let us write a constitution for Chile.

Post by admin » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:59 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:51 am
The narcos, barras bravas, delinquentes, lumpen = 10%

Never been so busy working in their entire lives (looting, destroying, etc.).
I'm talking about the over 50% that do not even know how we got here, or why, or ....
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Fishboy

Post by Fishboy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:42 pm

admin wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:30 am
I am totally willing to vote for a communist, gay transgender mapuche "women", if she / he is qualified and can sell me on having good ideas for a constitution and the country; but, don't dilute my right to vote for them, or not, with pre-rigged quota bullshit.
Alternately, if there arn't quotas, the same people from the same handful of schools/families who got us in the shit, will get us back in it.

Personally, I'm happy for quotas to allow the regions, women, different age classes to be well represented. Otherwise the resistance in the system will stop things changing (and most of us agree they have to).

mem

Post by mem » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:52 pm

To which of these "same people" do you refer to?

The ones that made Chile the most stable and richest country per capita in all of central and south america over the last 25 years by embracing a free market system?

Or the people that almost 6 weeks ago decided to just piss it all away and pull down their pants and crap all over the country while spitting on the rule of law yet fancying themselves heroes?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:32 pm

so, the left is making their "demands" to chile vamos for quotas in this law.

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... icion.html

hard to tell, but from the growing trend of reactions in the comments seems voting "no" to a new constitution is getting some traction, and it does not just seem to be right extremists. The left seems to be sinking it just fine all on their own.

I even have my doubts about the legality and constitutionality of quotas passing the smell test at the supreme court. remember, a new constitution depends on the current constitution, for the authority to even under take the writing of a new one.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.