Halloween this year?

General topics related to Living in Chile
thisisreallycomplicated

Halloween this year?

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:10 pm

Does anyone know if kids will be trick-or-treating this year? I usually pick up some candy to pass out, but it'll just go to waste if there aren't any trick-or-treaters. Thanks.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

fraggle092

Re: Halloween this year?

Post by fraggle092 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:26 pm

Perhaps small glass bottles containing gasoline would be more appreciated this year....don't forget the wick.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:58 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:26 pm
Perhaps small glass bottles containing gasoline would be more appreciated this year....don't forget the wick.
I'm already conflicted enough about contributing to poor health, by passing out candy. Maybe I should try toothbrushes this year:)

I heard a bunch of sirens a few minutes ago, so maybe the festivities already started?
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:57 pm

There's going to be trick-or-treating on my building this year, so there's that. Maybe check with your building/HOA?
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:31 pm

I just saw a couple little monsters coming down the street, so it looks like it wasn't canceled.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:46 pm

Well, I tried. All the local almacens were out of Halloween candy. I even walked down to the Lider Express, thinking walmart would never run out. But none there either. And their other shelves were also looking a little bare, which was kinda spooky.

Sigma62Delta

Post by Sigma62Delta » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:29 am

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:46 pm
Well, I tried. All the local almacens were out of Halloween candy. I even walked down to the Lider Express, thinking walmart would never run out. But none there either. And their other shelves were also looking a little bare, which was kinda spooky.
It makes you wonder if the hoodlums bought it up as a quick energy source during the rioting or the locals nabbed it as an easily stored food source that needs no special storage means. I suspect a bit of both rather than candy for the kiddies.
“It takes advantage of every passing craze and delusion of the mob to dispose of those who oppose it, and it maintains a complex and highly effective machine for launching such crazes and delusions when the supply of them lags. Mencken, Notes on Democracy

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Sigma62Delta wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:29 am
thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:46 pm
It makes you wonder if the hoodlums bought it up as a quick energy source during the rioting or the locals nabbed it as an easily stored food source that needs no special storage means. I suspect a bit of both rather than candy for the kiddies.
You could be right, but I haven't noticed any food shortages yet (other than Halloween candy). The local almacens have been pretty well-stocked with food. It was just wierd to see lots of empty shelf space in Lider. I don't shop there much, so it might not be that unusual. I just go there if the local stores don't have something I need.