State of emergency and curfews, October 2019

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
Dosedmonkey

Re: State of emergency and curfews, October 2019

Post by Dosedmonkey » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:12 pm

41southchile wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:45 pm
fraggle092 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:26 pm
Here's his YouTube version of events
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G707Xtsjeo

Gringo thinking.......Chileans wouldn't respond to the provocation by pulling out a gun.
Is that a gun leaning against the wall behind him on that video?
Some sort of a small rifle, maybe a .22 or maybe something smaller like a pellet gun. Hard to tell from video.

So this guy is clueless about Chile and sorry but as a European he comes off as a almost cartoon stereo tyoe American, doesn't know other countries are different, thinks he can pull a gun out to defend himself against a crowd of unarmed people and wants everyone to pray for him, when he is the suspect.

I mean on the plus sides this may make the Carabineros look less lethal and patient, you know got something to compare them to now. 🤣

I think he is going to have a nice prison sentence... I can't imagine shooting someone and getting away with it will happen.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:32 pm

mem wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:02 pm
The 2700+ yt comments are highly concerning. The yellow vest is problematic...I didnt know wearing that mean counter-protesters?
Neither did I, I better throw mine away out of the car, wouldnt want to be confused with some sort of yellow vest militia, I suppose if it's any consolation the cops are not doing traffic stops to check if I'm carrying it.
I can't decide for you. You'll have to make up your own mind.

Dosedmonkey

Post by Dosedmonkey » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:32 pm

Here is all the video clips of the incident collected off twitter on to one page.

http://www.gamba.cl/2019/11/video-chale ... -la-playa/

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:34 pm

mem wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:02 pm
The 2700+ yt comments are highly concerning. The yellow vest is problematic...I didn't know wearing that mean counter-protesters?
I think the yellow vests are people in favor of the peace and against criminal behavior. I don't think they are explicitly against peaceful protests, that's not what makes you a yellow vest person.

But I think in practice many people like this probably would like even the peaceful protests to stop.

At least that is the sense I got from a few bits and pieces here and there. Actually, I could be wrong.

Dosedmonkey

Post by Dosedmonkey » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:45 pm

Plenty of yellow vests just want to defend their community and want change in Chile too. Let's not polarise them because one foreigner who seems to have a very shady past went on a shooting spree.

Watching the clips I posted above at no point did I see his life under threat. Not that many people there and a clear road ahead, other traffic moving fine. All the time he has a large distance between him and just people shouting at him. They look way to casual, unmasked and calm to be attacking him. Not like the black clad anarchists of Santiago. So presumably he is just lost the plot, gone full mental and the exact reason why guns should be illegal.

The real question is, how are all gringos going to be preceived now..

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:49 pm

There are lots of links to him and white supremacy groups and other links of his goal to colonize parts of Chile. The dregs of American society. A cartoon character of American trigger-happy entitled white male priviledge.Why take a gun to target practise in a highly volatile area wjith lots of demonstrators, and then instead of going right home, head to the beach where the action is? Maybe he wanted more than target practise. I hope they lock him up and kick his group and followers out of the country.

mem

Post by mem » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:51 pm

Unfortunately none of the videos show the entire event, just parts out of context, but agree this does not look like he will do well. He's already totally doxd on yt.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:54 pm

Dosedmonkey wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:32 pm
Here is all the video clips of the incident collected off twitter on to one page.

http://www.gamba.cl/2019/11/video-chale ... -la-playa/
Thanks for this. However, I can clearly see after reading this site for just 2 minutes that is obviously a very biased, very left wing, very shit site that clearly can't be trusted.

Of course the videos speak for themselves however, so it's still useful to see all the clips collected together, so I am not criticising you for posting. So unless they have left out clips that don't support their obvious agenda (possible) this is still a useful link provided you watch the videos and ignore the words.

He claims that he was surrounded by people shaking the car, banging it, and attacking it. None of the videos show this, perhaps because usually the beginning of an incident is left off because no-one is filming until it becomes an incident (yet another one of the reasons why clips on facebook that show incidents are often so frustratingly useless, at least in isolation). However the videos show that he gets out of the car to fire shots, and there is hardly anyway around the car and it looks like he might have been able to drive off had he chosen to do so. Perhaps people ran off when he loaded the gun, or he drove ahead of the crowds and then got out, or maybe he's being somewhat economical with the truth, or maybe there's another explanation. If any CCTV recorded the initial part of the incident, that may be useful to the police investigation. It may even leak out at some point.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Just for the record, he was a minor competitor to admin for services and advice for "expats". Was initially involved in Galt's Gulch and backed off to support another project in Puchuncavi which I have no idea how that one turned out. I believe he rubbed shoulders with such characters as John Steele and the mysterious "International Man". Ran a questionable "work contract" scam for those English speaking expats who wanted a route to residency. Also had quite a detailed explanation on how to obtain a gun permit in Chile.

Maybe he was the only CIA man around to instigate a "Maiden"-type event :alien: (Probably received an untraceable call on his cell going home from the range that triggered the program :alien: :alien: ) ( Notice how he says he kind of blanked out and can't remember exactly what happened :alien: :alien: :alien: )
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:01 pm

Another question is, if his story of events (just happened to be on the way to the gun range, car was surrounded) is true, why was he wearing a yellow vest? Did he stop to put it on amidst all the action (doesn't seem plausible)? Or does he always wear it when driving (seems odd)?

mem

Post by mem » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:14 pm

I'm thinking he was wearing it while driving. That is what brought the ire of the protestors. They surround his car and start rocking it and things escalate from there.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:30 pm

Whatever the circumstances, govt will look to make an example of him I bet, attempted homicide or whatever that translates to, intentendent for the area doing a querella tomorrow. This guys life just changed forever today.
I can't decide for you. You'll have to make up your own mind.