State of emergency and curfews, October 2019

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
fraggle092

State of emergency and curfews, October 2019

Post by fraggle092 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:18 pm

Kids protesting ostensibly about the recent Transantiago fare increases, even though they aren't affected.
Looks like they are trying to bring the metro to a stop.
Anybody experienced this first-hand?
Al menos 11 estaciones se vieron afectadas y hubo siet[...].png
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Desmanes

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:27 pm

Antifa and XR influence no ma'
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:15 am

yea my wife was headed out of santiago yesterday to catch a plane and said the whole city had turned in a parking lot, between the kids playing with the pacos and the water main break in providencia.

irony is, the water main probably did more to disrupt transportation than the kids. Think it closed a couple of metro stations, cut roads, and generally snarled traffic all over the center of the city.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:24 am

The access gate to Los Dominicos station was half closed at 11 am which told me something was up. Returning after lunch there was a group of riot police inside Los Leones station (escalators were turned off). So I missed it either end.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:40 pm

There are currently fires in a couple of metro stations or their whereabouts, I can see a column of smoke rising from Baquedaño from my apartment. Santiago metro will be closed this weekend for safety reasons. Y'all take care and mind your surroundings, and check the news before planning any moves over the next days.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:43 pm

Piñera has implemented a "Ley de Seguridad", which sounds similar to a light martial-law. Keep your eye open if you're going to be around Santiago, especially if you're planning on coming close to metro stations.

https://www.t13.cl/noticia/nacional/Ley ... e-18-10-19
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:44 pm

Real-time coverage of the protests: https://www.t13.cl/noticia/nacional/min ... ion-masiva

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:49 pm

Damn, I just saw a video that was supposedly taken today at Estacion Central where you hear multiple shots fired, students running and a young female student bleeding profusely from the abdomen area. Maybe a bad period or a gunshot??

- Søren Kierkegaard

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:51 pm

I could hear some shots about 30 minutes ago coming from the Baquedaño area. Presumably, it was tear gas bombs & rubber bullets.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:56 pm

My wife just sent a video from her apartment in Independencia where a carcerola (banging pots and pans) is happening right this moment.

Looks like CHILE IS BEING SETUP FOR A COLOR REVOLUTION. The only place that is untouched by instability as compared to the rest of the continental hood.

- Søren Kierkegaard

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:58 pm

Just heard more shots coming from Plaza Itália. It seems protestors put something on fire on the street again.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:14 pm

T13 claims that there were 500 protestors at the Plaza Itália protest. There's currently a pot-banging/panelazo protest on Alameda, with protestors burning a Chilean flag (??).