Retirement Visa?

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

nosaj

Retirement Visa?

Post by nosaj » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:01 am

Hi all :D,
I have searched the forum and found a few resources with regards to the different types of vista's but can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for..
Some background :
I'm south African.. My wife has already moved to Puerto Varas and works there (she is also South African) .. And now I'm going to be joining her in January..
From what iv read so far the best option would be a retirement / income visa? I do have a number of properties in South Africa that I get an income from.. I will hopefully be picking up freelance work offshore as an additional income but will not be getting any income in Chile... Is this the correct visa to apply for?
I hope I havnt missed the tread that deals with this.. I just found loads of doom and gloom of how long the process takes 😂

admin
Site Admin

Re: Retirement Visa?

Post by admin » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:11 am

well, the search should bring that up, but that does sounds like right visa given your situation.

https://www.spencerglobal.com/chile-imm ... -visa.html
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

nosaj

Post by nosaj » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:48 am

Great.. Thanks.. I have read this page before and why I thought it was the right visa for me.. Thanks

nosaj

Post by nosaj » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:28 am

From the link it mentions that the process is that I would arrive on a visitor visa and then apply to "upgrade" to a income visa? Is this the case for South Africans like myself? There was a note in the article saying that some countries in Africa need to apply through their local embassy?

paladin

Post by paladin » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:19 pm

Gloria wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:33 pm
Why would you want to come to Chile?

Mostly anywhere is better than SA

nosaj

Post by nosaj » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:08 am

Gloria wrote:
Well 1st of all Chile is beautiful.. 2ndly my wife is already in Chile working and she is beautiful.. 3rdly life is too short to not explore this world and I would like to be a part of it not just a tourist..

nosaj

Post by nosaj » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:15 am

paladin wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:19 pm
Gloria wrote:

Mostly anywhere is better than SA
This however is totally untrue.. South Africa is an AMAZING place to live.. I am not moving because of South Africa.. paladin.. If you ever have the chance to come to South Africa please let me know and I will take care of everything.. I promise there is no other place in the world like it!
And iv been to 40+ countries in the world so far and I can think of MANY that are way worse!

nosaj

Post by nosaj » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:02 am

nosaj wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:28 am
From the link it mentions that the process is that I would arrive on a visitor visa and then apply to "upgrade" to a income visa? Is this the case for South Africans like myself? There was a note in the article saying that some countries in Africa need to apply through their local embassy?
Can anyone please help me with the above question.. I would like to get things moving as the end of the year is fast approaching and I'm sure that nothing happens over December..