New rules or the same old

General topics related to Living in Chile
GringoVikingo

New rules or the same old

Post by GringoVikingo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:44 pm

Last time I renew my id card, I only needed to get a "cetificado de vigencia", take a copy and go to Registro Civil, 5 Years ago it take 3 weeks.
Is it possible today to download the formula from PDI, print it out and fill it out home?

Today I talk with Banco Estado, Earlier when I transfer money into my cuenta rut, I had to go to the office in Concepcion, and sign under the transfer document, now it goes directly. And they said that you can transfer up to 2 million without meeting up personally. Just 2 months ago the max transfer was 1 million peso.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
"George Carlin"

paladin

Re: New rules or the same old

Post by paladin » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:14 pm

Unfortunately you still have to go and join the dreaded line at PDI to get the certificado de vigencia. It’s totally illogical, but then so are many of the bureaucratic requirements here.

lost gringo

Post by lost gringo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:33 pm

GringoVikingo wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:44 pm
Last time I renew my id card, I only needed to get a "cetificado de vigencia", take a copy and go to Registro Civil,
Yeah unfortunately like Paladin said you have to go the PDI office to get your certificate.
I am curious to know if beside the certificado de vigilancia did Registro Civil also require your original certificado de residencia permanencia definitiva? or just the PDI certificate only?
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
allegedly said by Mark Twain

GringoVikingo

Post by GringoVikingo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:41 pm

I am curious to know if beside the certificado de vigilancia did Registro Civil also require your original certificado de residencia permanencia definitiva? or just the PDI certificate only?

No if you have your carnet, it show that you have "residencia permanencia". Because you have a run card and not only rut card that only last one year.

In My home country Id Cards and pass-port last for 10 years, that take away som workload, also after 8 years of recidence without any police record, you can automaticly get citesenship if you want it.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
"George Carlin"

lost gringo

Post by lost gringo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:18 am

GringoVikingo wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:41 pm

No if you have your carnet, it show that you have "residencia permanencia". Because you have a run card and not only rut card that only last one year.

In My home country Id Cards and pass-port last for 10 years, that take away som workload, also after 8 years of recidence without any police record, you can automaticly get citesenship if you want it.
Thanks for the reply but i do have a five year carnet which is expiring soon and i need to renew it. I was told that besides the expiring cedula I need to have my original certificado de residencia permanencia definitiva which i have misplaced. That's why I asked if you needed to bring that to Registro Civil along with the PDI certificate.
I'm also planning to apply for citizenship before the rules change if they haven't already and also so I don't have to keep renewing my carnet every five years.
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.

paladin

Post by paladin » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:16 pm

I renewed mine last year, and had to produce the original cert. If you dont have it, you need to get a copy.

lost gringo

Post by lost gringo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:07 am

paladin wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:16 pm
I renewed mine last year, and had to produce the original cert. If you dont have it, you need to get a copy.
I've been trying for 8 months to get a copy and getting nowhere. Sent in all required docs requested by extranjeria, patiently waited for copy to arrive knowing they're busy with all the new Haitians and Venezuelans and..... nothing.

Now I have a month left on current carnet and I can't even get an appointment to talk with them. It was way easier to get residency than to just get this copy of the damn certificate. At least before you could just walk into their office and get things done.
And of course now everything is closed for a week. Very frustrating to say the least.
Yes I know it's my fault for losing the cert but still.

paladin

Post by paladin » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:33 pm

lost gringo... things have certainly changed from a few years ago, when I needed a replacement, as I recall wandering in, waiting for perhaps 15 minutes and out again with it in my hand. Why you should even need it is beyond my comprehension, but then so are many of the govt requirements.

lost gringo

Post by lost gringo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:12 pm

Yeah I thought the same thing. I would think it would be like renewing a driver's license or passport. Show them the old one and get a new one but no this is Chile so we'll make it as difficult as possible..