Where Should I Start?

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

Sr. El Puelche

Where Should I Start?

Post by Sr. El Puelche » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:10 am

Well, where should I start? I kinda know but am asking anyway.

###

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Where Should I Start?

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:55 am

Welcome back Dude.

This really is "El Puelche" and he wants to tell his story for the record without mass deletion.

Sr. El P, feel free to start whenever in the "Living in Chile" or whatever topic pertinent section.

Salud
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

Putenio

Post by Putenio » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:21 pm

Wow. Thank you for the confirmation as my first response was dismiss as a prank.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:54 pm

I figure if it is really Puelche, we will know shortly.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Sr. El Puelche

Post by Sr. El Puelche » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:23 am

I lament asking admin to delete all my posts------but for personal reasons and extreme legal ramifications at the time, I had to but now that is all in the past and I wish to pass on my story and experiences to others so its been a few years but here I am and formulating all as I can remember it. My life has been so much in Chile but I can't remember it all and its all deleted. My wish would be that if there are some fragments, either in memory or some disjointed post ACF member have found, they/you will bring it up and I write and expand on it. I hope, what I write can help others navigate in some small way what is Chile. I was cranky with some of the tenants here at ACF and I hope they are over it and will not engage in the endless futile entanglements of the past------so I hope I am not challenged with that but my rule will be not to get into that so better to just leave it. I joined the forum on September 11th as I sat alone thinking of Chile-----Don't remember the year but would have been 2006 maybe?------There seems the question of veracity and I know eeukypat knows me and admin wonders if I am the original?-----We met only one time in Temuco at a small cafe with you and your wife----we spoke in a mix of Spanish and English, you arrived first and then your wife did and she left ( with your hired driver) with pending lawyer issues and we stayed talking of the past and shared disillusionment of our native land----no one else would know that----So now I start my story and the reader can believe it or not but of who I am as Puelche, you will know----the story begins. When Admin believes its the original El Puelche-----my only request is that I am added to membership in the Locos Del Patio where I belong.

Puelche

###

passport

Post by passport » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:55 am

Welcome back El P. I am one of the several or many who have been patiently hoping for your return to the surface. You indeed have much helpful information to share, mixed with some good belly laughs. One tale I won't forget is the recount of patrolling your property to keep out the poachers, making plenty of "scary noises" to make sure they got the message...

rasmataz

Post by rasmataz » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:20 pm

Welcome back Don El P.

FrankPintor

Post by FrankPintor » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:30 pm

He's back! :)

Start at the start ;-) "Once upon a time", that sort of thing... use line breaks from time to time as well, please.
Caracas es Caracas. Lo demás es monte y culebra!

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:47 pm

You no longer show up on the registration list, but here is the list as it current stands from the beginning of the forum, kudos to Magnyz, Juanito, Eric, and Vicki Lansen for sticking around:
Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 8.40.41 PM.jpg

- Søren Kierkegaard

Sr. El Puelche

Post by Sr. El Puelche » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:17 pm

I graduated in California from high school in 1982 with big plans for adventure. I made immediate plans but in those days you had to use a travel agent and it was that evening my dad had found out and we had a talk about how I could do what I wanted but to reconsider something less radical. We are scandinavian and the G-Pa's came over about 1918 or so, but no one else followed so it was just us. Very tight and while an open family, there were things you did and did not do, at least without a full explanation so I reconsidered my plans as my dad had asked. My Mom told me at about 5 years old when we got to California-----You will learn our Scandinavian language because it is ours and you will learn english because it is the language of this country but you will also learn Spanish as it's the language of Spain and Mexico who first came to this land before it was the United States. So i did and fell in love with Spanish from the beginning. Now while my target adventure country was not spanish speaking, I leaned that language as well, my dad proffered up Chile as we already had relatives there and we made arrangements. I had to go to college in the meantime and suddenly it was time to go, so I quit with a date to arrive in Chile in mid December 1984. My relatives had been in Chile since about 1945 so I knew to a degree what to expect but not nearly what I know now. As well my sister, along with her husband had moved there in 1978 to work with an NGO. I always thought I could do anything and was encouraged by my parents in this as were all my brothers and sisters and an idea occurred to me in this time as I prepared to go to Chile-----why not live sideways instead of upwards?-----that is to say instead of working to be a captain of industry or in high politics, why not seek out a life that experiences everything from side to side and not just live at the top of a hill? So, on December 18th, 1984 I boarded an Eastern Airlines plane from Los Angeles to Miami with stop in Caracas before another stop in Buenos Aires to arrive in the early afternoon at Merino Benitez in Santiago de Chile on December 19th, 1984. I was 20 years old.

**** Edited for grammar and clarity as well as factual mistakes****
###

Sr. El Puelche

Post by Sr. El Puelche » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:55 pm

I would encourage comments and questions as I go. In addition, some may remember details of past stories I have told so if I leave anything out, be sure to bring it up so I can include it------can't remember everything as it's been so much. I would say as well, as I tell this story, its not just a story and I would encourage the reader to read between the lines of why things are done in Chile----I will do my best to underline the cultural anomalies within my story but you, the reader, might catch something I have not illuminated or have just taken for granted. So if in doubt, better to write it out so we can all learn something----

###

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:59 pm

Class of '82 in SoCal - me too, the saying I remember was even if not not living it (as I was kind of nerdish) was "Surf, Sex Pot and Booze, we're the Class of '82!"

The important thing is you came during Pino and also had family that lived through the Allende years then through the coup with insights that may offend the international left view on what supposedly really happened...

- Søren Kierkegaard