lost certificado de permanencia definitiva

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

thisisreallycomplicated

Re: lost certificado de permanencia definitiva

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:12 am

lost gringo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:11 am
When I got my first cedula at the Registro Civil, the nice lady there told me "don't ever lose your certificado de permanencia definitiva". I should have listened to her advice.
Actually I didn't really lose it. I know where it is. I had forgotten that I put in a "secret" compartment in my camioneta. Sold the truck and didn't realize until earlier this year that's where it was. Que boludo soy.
Ok, I need to search my car, before I send it to the junkyard:)
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:24 pm

Does anyone know if you need the original certificado de permanencia definitiva, or is a photocopy good enough? I'm looking for my original, but so far I've only found a bad copy (probable paper jam in the printer). So I probably have a good copy around here somewhere.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:32 pm

Never mind, it looks like I need the original:
https://www.registrocivil.cl/principal/ ... a-chilenos
Si tiene permanencia definitiva:

Original y fotocopia del Certificado de Permanencia Definitiva otorgado por el Ministerio del Interior.
Original y fotocopia del Certificado de Registro o Vigencia de la Permanencia Definitiva proporcionado por la Policía de Investigaciones, la fecha de emisión de dicho certificado no puede exceder el año de vigencia.
At least it gives me an excuse to clean my house:)

lost gringo

Post by lost gringo » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:59 pm

Actually you don't need the original but you do need a duplicate if you don't have it.
It took 8 months but I finally received an email from Extranjeria which contained a link to this website: https://tramites.extranjeria.gob.cl

To enter the website you need a ClaveÚnica which can get at the Registro Civil. Once you have that you can view the status of any tramites you may have. My duplicate certificado de permanencia definitiva was there. I printed it out and took it to the Registro Civil who then issued my new cedula.
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
allegedly said by Mark Twain

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:12 pm

lost gringo wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:59 pm
Actually you don't need the original but you do need a duplicate if you don't have it.
It took 8 months but I finally received an email from Extranjeria which contained a link to this website: https://tramites.extranjeria.gob.cl

To enter the website you need a ClaveÚnica which can get at the Registro Civil. Once you have that you can view the status of any tramites you may have. My duplicate certificado de permanencia definitiva was there. I printed it out and took it to the Registro Civil who then issued my new cedula.
Do you know if you can immediately print out a duplicate, once you get a ClaveÚnica? Or do you still have to wait about 8 months for it to be available on the website?

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:21 pm

This probably explains it:
https://www.extranjeria.gob.cl/vivir-en ... duplicado/

It looks like it's still a lot more work than finding my original:(

lost gringo

Post by lost gringo » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:31 pm

You first have to apply via internet for the duplicate using this form: SOLICITUD Y REQUISITOS DE DUPLICADO DE CERTIFICADO DE PERMANENCIA DEFINITIVA .

You need a letter from the Caribineros stating you lost it, a copy of your current cedula and a PDI record of your time in/out of country. Once you have all that you mail it to:
DEPTO. EXTRANJERIA Y MIGRACION SECCION PERMANENCIA DEFINITIVA CLASIFICADOR N°8
CORREO CENTRAL
SANTIAGO

When the duplicate is available they will notify you by email. It took me 8 months, I have no idea if that's normal but it did arrive shortly before my cedula was going to expire so maybe that has something to do with it.

Suerte
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
allegedly said by Mark Twain

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:34 pm

lost gringo wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:31 pm
You first have to apply via internet for the duplicate: SOLICITUD Y REQUISITOS DE DUPLICADO DE CERTIFICADO DE PERMANENCIA DEFINITIVA .
You need a letter from the Caribineros stating you lost it, a copy of your current cedula and a PDI record of your time in/out of country. Once you have all that you mail it to:
DEPTO. EXTRANJERIA Y MIGRACION SECCION PERMANENCIA DEFINITIVA CLASIFICADOR N°8
CORREO CENTRAL
SANTIAGO

When the duplicate is available they will notify you by email. It took me 8 months, I have no idea if that's normal but it did arrive shortly before my cedula was going to expire so maybe that has something to do with it.

Suerte
Thanks. I just found my original though, so I don't have to get a duplicate. I wasn't looking forward to all that extra paperwork.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:24 pm

Great info, bump.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:45 pm

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:21 pm
This probably explains it:
https://www.extranjeria.gob.cl/vivir-en ... duplicado/

It looks like it's still a lot more work than finding my original:(
It looks easier according to that page I linked to, if you got your residency after 2018:
Si se le otorgó Permanencia Definitiva desde el 01/01/2019, no es necesario que solicite un Duplicado del Certificado. Puede obtener las copias que desee en el portal tramites.extranjeria.gob.cl, seleccionando el trámite «Certificado de Permanencia Definitiva con Clave Única».

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:36 pm

Does registro civil give you a temporary thing you can use, while you're waiting for them to finish making your new ID card? If they do, is it good for anything you might need your ID for, like banking or healthcare? Thanks.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:07 pm

I seem to remember getting a temporary document when I got my first ID, but I don't remember what it was called. Otherwise, I'd just search on that.