Health insurance when waiting for Cédula de Identidad

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
alextrombone

Health insurance when waiting for Cédula de Identidad

Post by alextrombone » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:29 am

I just wondered whether it was possible to get health insurance after having submitted your VISA application (from within Chile, changing from a tourist visa), when you’re awaiting your Cedula. If so, what companies would you recommend?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Health insurance when waiting for Cédula de Identidad

Post by admin » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:57 pm

depends on the company. some will require you to pay a year in advance until you obtain residency, but otherwise will offer insurance. once you have residency, then they let you switch to a monthly payments.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

at46

Re: Health insurance when waiting for Cédula de Identidad

Post by at46 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:24 pm

alextrombone wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:29 am
I just wondered whether it was possible to get health insurance after having submitted your VISA application (from within Chile, changing from a tourist visa), when you’re awaiting your Cedula. If so, what companies would you recommend?
I had no problem buying health insurance from Cruz Blanca with a RUT provisorio a few years ago. Go to one of their smaller offices and if they turn you away, just go to another one.