https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-49117547
'
own goal.jpg
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

Britkid

Re: Street Theatre

Post by Britkid » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:03 pm

Certainly don't condone this violence but remember the media will focus on the violent aspect, even if it's only 0.1% of the protesters.

I was driving through Santiago a few weeks ago, on the part of the Alameda that connects Providencia with centro, around there,and passed one of these student protests. They have taken the other half of the Alameda and there were hundreds of them, so the traffic had been shut off on that side.

I didn't see any signs of violence on that occassion, although you could sense the impunity and confidence that they were feeling being part of a big group.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:12 pm

wooo, how strange. kids engaging in violence and defacing public property being suspended from school? :roll:

the whole student protest crap has gotten this far because there is zero consequences for them doing it. only in chile is that crap viewed as some sort of violation of their rights.

every school I ever went to, anyone engaging in that crap, was suspended and kicked out. their academic carrier was over, and they were charged with crime, and most likely they were off to a fine education at a juvenile detention center.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

at46

Post by at46 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:16 pm

Britkid wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:03 pm
Certainly don't condone this violence but remember the media will focus on the violent aspect, even if it's only 0.1% of the protesters.
It's a good 10% if you ask me. I saw a colegio in Santiago Centro a year ago that just re-opened after being en toma for months. The students were trying to retake it all over again and police were trying to prevent them from doing that. A big crowd of mostly girls were actively blocking the police from entering the school grounds while a bunch of boys in their early teens were throwing rocks at the police. It happened in the middle of the day and there were a lot of onlookers but they just looked on. If this were to happen in Canada, there'd be no end to the river of sorrow the government would drown those boys in.