Chilean government Immigration "appointment" system

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

admin
Site Admin

Chilean government Immigration "appointment" system

Post by admin » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:54 pm

o.k., well among the many, many problems with immigration system in chile right now, we got one with the system to make the system function more efficiently.

The goverment implemented a new online "automatic" system to make appointments at your local department of immigration.

No more standing line.

sounds good right?

just one problem: IT IS NOT AUTOMATIC!!!

the online system puts you on a waiting list, to get you an appointment.

at some, apparently random time, from weeks to months, they will assign you a day and time. It appears to be done manually by a human, somewhere.

here is the kicker. They will assign you an appointment, often with just a couple days notice, after waiting for weeks or months for a time.

so if you are out of country, too bad. got kids in school, a job, the flue, too bad. Try the "automatic" system again for another date.

further, the regional offices no longer have the ability to schedule their own meetings. the entire "automatic" system is run from Santiago.

yea, that bad. The only thing they are missing is the 5+ employees, standing in front of a machine, to show you how to use the internet, to make an appointment (e.g. like lan, the banks, etc), while standing in the department of immigration.

DID I MENTION IMMIGRATION TO CHILE WAS GOING TO BE GETTING HARDER?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

mem

Re: Chilean government Immigration "appointment" system

Post by mem » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:22 am

When does this take effect?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:40 pm

It has been in effect for months.

I simply did not post about it, because we were waiting to see if it worked and what sort of problems there might be. There were problems immediately with this, but it was not clear if it was just 'getting started' or occasional issues.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Huelshoff

Post by Huelshoff » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:04 pm

I am on that waiting list. I arrived with a temporary residency visa in hand on the 15th of July, went to the PDI office the next day (Wednesday, after the holiday on the 16th), and was told that I had to register online for an appointment. Couldn't even get in the door--there was a guy outside blocking anyone from entering without an appointment. Did so on the next day, was told that there are no appointments available, and added my name to the waiting list. I'm still waiting for the email with the appointment. I've heard that they issues appointments a few days before the 30-day period to register your visa ends, but that won't be until mid-August for me. I hope that is correct. Can't do a bloody thing without the registration.

mem

Post by mem » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:14 pm

How does one make an appointment? I went to the main https://www.extranjeria.gob.cl/ site but I don't see how to make an appointment.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:32 pm

https://reservahora.extranjeria.gob.cl/ingreso

It's the second rotating banner that pops up when you open the Extranjeria website.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

cr0zzb0w

Post by cr0zzb0w » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:26 pm

is this only for Santiago, or for the whole country? I remember seeing that if one were to go outside of Santiago, you can get the tramit done at a regional PDI office?

Huelshoff

Post by Huelshoff » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:45 pm

An update: late last night I received an email from the PDI with an appointment date. That is 15 days since I put myself on the waiting list. The appointment is for the middle of next week.

proger

Post by proger » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:04 pm

perros

mem

Post by mem » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:57 am

Huelshoff wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:45 pm
An update: late last night I received an email from the PDI with an appointment date. That is 15 days since I put myself on the waiting list. The appointment is for the middle of next week.
So you were trying to get an appointment with PDI versus the immigration office? They dont use the same appointment system do they?

Huelshoff

Post by Huelshoff » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:54 am

The PDI, to register my visa.

mem

Post by mem » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:28 pm

Wow ok, so you have to make an appointment just to see PDI and you have to make a different appointment for the immigration office