Importing shop equipment and tools

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

Spudzilla

Importing shop equipment and tools

Post by Spudzilla » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:42 pm

I have been considering bringing a shipping container with my shop equipment and tools next year from eeuu. One of the questions that I have, is, if I bring in a motor welder/generator will that item be subject to Chiles green tax. When I bought a vehicle in 2016 that tax was sprung on me the day I was to take delivery of the vehicle. Ouch. The welding machine I want to bring is worth as much as the vehicle and between customs duties and VAT it is pretty borderline as to economic viability now. Does anyone have any knowledge re the green tax?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Importing shop equipment and tools

Post by admin » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:02 am

Spudzilla wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:42 pm
I have been considering bringing a shipping container with my shop equipment and tools next year from eeuu. One of the questions that I have, is, if I bring in a motor welder/generator will that item be subject to Chiles green tax. When I bought a vehicle in 2016 that tax was sprung on me the day I was to take delivery of the vehicle. Ouch. The welding machine I want to bring is worth as much as the vehicle and between customs duties and VAT it is pretty borderline as to economic viability now. Does anyone have any knowledge re the green tax?
that is a car tax.

plus, it is used equipment.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Spudzilla

Post by Spudzilla » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:07 pm

Thanks admin. I am actually buying a new machine. Would it be in my best interest to put some hours on it?

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:32 am

Spudzilla wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:07 pm
Thanks admin. I am actually buying a new machine. Would it be in my best interest to put some hours on it?
Scamming the government is not nice, play nice......
It's all about the wine.

Spudzilla

Post by Spudzilla » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:52 pm

nwdiver wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:32 am
Spudzilla wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:07 pm
Scamming the government is not nice, play nice......
I just need to drive it out of the showroom! :D