problem with Banco Estado's online banking

General topics related to Living in Chile
thisisreallycomplicated

problem with Banco Estado's online banking

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:58 pm

I've been trying for about a week, to make a transfer from my Banco Estado cuenta RUT account, to someone else's account at BCI. But I keep getting this error:
"Se produjo un problema de comunicación, por favor cierre su sesión e ingrese nuevamente"

Has anyone here seen this before? Or has anyone been able to make a similar transfer, through Banco Estado's website? This is the first time I've tried, so I don't even know if it's supposed to work. Thanks.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: problem with Banco Estado's online banking

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:09 pm

Try a different browser.
Have you been approved and activated to do external transfers? I assume you have your coordinate code card which means should be setup.
Are you choosing the correct type of destination account (Cuenta Vista, Corriente)?
Are you choosing "BANCO DE CREDITO E INVERSIONES" for BCI?

And like ALL Chilean sites, they go into choke mode or maintenance mode and you just have to try again in hours.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:16 pm

You might not be the only one with problems:

'me dijeron hace una semana que el sistema me había bloqueado la aplicación que esperara 2 días. Han pasado 5 y sigue el problema.'

Fallas de Banco Estado últimas 24 horas

https://downdetector.cl/problemas/banco-estado

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:23 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:09 pm
Try a different browser.
That might work. I have a couple other things to try first. If they don't work, I'll clean up one of my other browsers.
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Have you been approved and activated to do external transfers? I assume you have your coordinate code card which means should be setup.
I've made payments before, through the Servipag part of the website. And I had to use the coordinate thing for those.
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Are you choosing the correct type of destination account (Cuenta Vista, Corriente)?
yes
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Are you choosing "BANCO DE CREDITO E INVERSIONES" for BCI?
yes
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
And like ALL Chilean sites, they go into choke mode or maintenance mode and you just have to try again in hours.
I've been trying for over a week, so it doesn't seem to be a maintenance mode thing.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:37 pm

frozen-north wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:16 pm
You might not be the only one with problems:

'me dijeron hace una semana que el sistema me había bloqueado la aplicación que esperara 2 días. Han pasado 5 y sigue el problema.'

Fallas de Banco Estado últimas 24 horas

https://downdetector.cl/problemas/banco-estado
I googled the error message, and found some other stuff too. Some of it from last year. So this may be a common problem, or maybe just a common error message. But it sounds like it's supposed to work, and it's not just some old disabled feature they haven't removed.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:48 pm

Doesn't seem to be a firewall problem

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:18 pm

One thing I've noticed is that the message that they give me when there is an error is often inaccurate.

For example if I put the wrong account number it might say I have the wrong name.

If I put an amount that will take me over my daily limit it might say that their system is down.

I always fixed the errors by double checking everything and by trial and error. But the specifics of the error message are not usually helpful.

However, I'm not sure that this is relevant in this specific case.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:54 pm

Britkid wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:18 pm
One thing I've noticed is that the message that they give me when there is an error is often inaccurate.

For example if I put the wrong account number it might say I have the wrong name.

If I put an amount that will take me over my daily limit it might say that their system is down.

I always fixed the errors by double checking everything and by trial and error. But the specifics of the error message are not usually helpful.

However, I'm not sure that this is relevant in this specific case.
Thanks, that could be relevant. I could be consistently entering in 1 wrong piece of information. I thought it might be the bank, but EEUU cleared that one up. Maybe the person I'm trying to transfer to, made a mistake?

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:09 pm

I tried another browser, but got the same error. So it's looking more like a problem on their end.

Has anyone tried adding a new Banco BCI destinario lately? It never gets past the first step of entering a "Nuevo Destinario". So I tried just selecting "Destinarios", to see if I could add one without transferring. And it's the same problem. The transfer might work, if I can get past that.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:29 pm

I also tried entering my own cuentaRUT account as the destinario, and got the same error. So it doesn't seem like a problem with the data I'm entering. Has anyone entered any new destinarios recently? I'm wondering if the whole feature is broken, or if it's just specific accounts that are messed up. I tried emailing Banco Estado's support, but I haven't heard back yet.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:31 pm

Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:38 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:31 pm
Not just you....
Usuarios reportan falla masiva en sistemas de BancoEstado - Chócale.jpg
https://chocale.cl/2019/07/falla-masiva-bancoestado/
Usuarios reportan falla masiva en sistemas de BancoEstado - Chócale.jpg
Thanks, so I can stop wasting time trying to fix it on my end.