Jazz in Santiago

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

hlf2888

Jazz in Santiago

Post by hlf2888 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:58 am

Is it just my experience or has Chile not developed the sophistication to enjoy jazz? There seems to be a dearth of good jazz clubs.

This April we were honored to have a talented Chilean jazz musician stay a month at the sanctuary in search of tranquility, beauty and inspiration. He made this quick music video of some of his evocative and hauntingly beautiful compositions. .

Besides the sunrise and sunsets time lapse filming, the horse appearances are by Canela, her filly Ruby and Ruberto the stallion inserting himself protectively between Lautaro and his mares. Behind Ruberto you can briefly see Angela, Dorada, her filly, and Valla who is always more comfortable in the background.

If you enjoy it as I do, Google Lautaro Quevedo for more of his music, YouTube is a good source. . Thank you Lautaro for choosing the sanctuary for your inspiration and for the five star recommendation you gave on AirBnB. We are really looking forward to more visits from you and many more creations and I will certainly support your music if you tell me where to purchase it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbPeHPr ... k9KpSRXM1A

admin
Site Admin

Re: Jazz in Santiago

Post by admin » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:24 am

the theater del lago in frutillar use to have lots of jazz. in fact to the point people were loosing interest in going to the concerts. I still occasionally see it on the schedule, but not like the first few years it was open.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:56 am

I know there's a jazz club right next to Mall Plaza Egaña. Might be worth a shot
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:27 pm

Some people must like Jazz, Pat Metheny is paying a visit next year. Typically, the article quoted doesn't give exact dates.....
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:36 pm

I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:33 am

fraggle092 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:27 pm
Some people must like Jazz, Pat Metheny is paying a visit next year. Typically, the article quoted doesn't give exact dates.....
Ahh, I don't think Pat Metheny's elevator music is jazz......just my opinion....

And yes chile had much better jazz years ago......
It's all about the wine.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:31 am

nwdiver wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:33 am
Ahh, I don't think Pat Metheny's elevator music is jazz......just my opinion....
I don't think this could be termed elevator music. Or this. Or this....Just my opinion. :)
'
Metheny Mehldau - Jazzaldia Festival - The Sound of Water - YouTube.png
'
Or this...
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge