Is there a spousal visa in Chile?

General topics related to Living in Chile
Alisonmaii

Is there a spousal visa in Chile?

Post by Alisonmaii » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:48 am

My boyfriend is from Chile and I am from the UK. We met in Australia whilst on our working holiday visas and have now been together for over 1 year. We have plans to move to Chile together for a 6 month period or longer before we maybe move back to Australia. Is there such thing in Chile where I can get a spousal visa and work whilst I am there? I have looked into the tourist visa that allows me to stay 3 months and then I must leave for a day and can come back but I really want to work for the time I'm there also. If anyone has any information on anything I can look more into I would be so grateful!

Marriage is last option haha

nwdiver

Re: Is there a spousal visa in Chile?

Post by nwdiver » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:52 pm

Alisonmaii wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:48 am
My boyfriend is from Chile and I am from the UK. We met in Australia whilst on our working holiday visas and have now been together for over 1 year. We have plans to move to Chile together for a 6 month period or longer before we maybe move back to Australia. Is there such thing in Chile where I can get a spousal visa and work whilst I am there? I have looked into the tourist visa that allows me to stay 3 months and then I must leave for a day and can come back but I really want to work for the time I'm there also. If anyone has any information on anything I can look more into I would be so grateful!

Canada has working holiday visa with Chile, doesn't the UK?
It's all about the wine.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:19 pm

nwdiver wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:52 pm
Alisonmaii wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:48 am

Canada has working holiday visa with Chile, doesn't the UK?
UK are a different I think (a special kind of special, God knows what brexit will do now), I am pretty sure Ireland does but almost certain UK does not
Comuna Loncotoro Lakes Region Chile

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:23 pm

Thought so, some countries are quite progressive with these working holiday schemes, others not so much
Here's the lit for Chile
Citizens of Australia, Austria,[39] Canada, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Japan,[40] New Zealand,[41] Poland,[42] Portugal,[43] South Korea and Sweden aged 18–30 or 35 (in the case of Canada and Hungary) can apply for a 1-year Chilean working holiday visa.[44] Also, if they can provide evidence of holding a medical and comprehensive hospitalisation insurance to remain in force throughout his/her stay in the Republic of Chile.[45]

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:26 pm

As for the original question I dont think there is a spousal Visa, but I imagine the first requirement would be to be an actual spouse.