Visa for husband to work in Chile?

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

letitburn00

Visa for husband to work in Chile?

Post by letitburn00 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:28 am

Hello,
I need some advice, if someone can help me. I have a very attractive job offer in Santiago, and although I have not signed the contract yet, I am planning to take it. I have just been informed that, while I will have a temporary resident visa, if my husband comes to Chile with me through this visa, he will be unable to work. This is a major problem, as we need two incomes. According to my employer, "he will need a tourist visa or another option that allows him to work.” This is causing me to reconsider. This is a 2 year (minimum) position, and I am worried that, at some point, my visa status will be fine, but his will not, and he will be forced to leave or stop working. Does anyone have advice on what visa he should apply for and how we can both work for the duration of our stay in Chile?
Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Visa for husband to work in Chile?

Post by admin » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:50 am

first, this makes no sense:
According to my employer, "he will need a tourist visa or another option that allows him to work.”
he can not work under a tourist visa.

he can however apply for a seperate visa, with his own proof of means to support himself.

either, that or as a dependent to you, he needs to wait until he obtains full perment residency to work.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

GAminer

Re: Visa for husband to work in Chile?

Post by GAminer » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:42 pm

He can come with you as a dependent first and when he gets a job offer he can apply to change his visa to a temporary visa for professionals and work. Another option is for him to apply for a periodic income visa if possible.